Friday, April 8, 2011

week-end ride

Photobucket

Yippee! Guess what day it is? Guess who is giddy about it? It's the week-end (pronounced in the European way, with the emphasis on the second syllable [hence, the hyphenation] because it sounds so much more elegant that way).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(weekend ride dress: modcloth; shoes: payless)

I'm keeping it simple today with this perfectly mod dress (from Modcloth). I had been eyeing this particular frock for ages before it finally went on sale, and I'll admit that it was the name that initially drew me. Whoever does the naming over there should get a gold star for this one--I immediately imagined myself driving down a rutted highway in the south of France with the windows down and my hand waving in the open air. Can't you picture it? Of course, I had to be true to that image when styling the dress, and even got up early this morning to tease my hair for the full Anna Karina effect. All morning I've felt as if I stepped out of my humdrum day into a Godard film, which is a very pleasant place to be indeed.

14 comments:

  1. The dress is ammmazing, the zipper all the way down the back + the pattern is so great. And I love that you teased your hair for full effect, I love big hair like this. That first picture made me giggle.
    Thank you so much for being my 100th follower!! That's awesome :D
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. goooorgeous dress and perfect with the bouffant and mary janes <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress and the Mary janes add the cutest touch! I love the print. Happy week-end! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is lovely and I love the way you styled your hair. Hope your weekend is splendid

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the names of the Modcloth pieces. They tend to be inspiring.

    This is a great dress and you've styled it with fantastic retro hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks fantastic! And that dress looks amazing on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such beautiful hair! And I love the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, I love how you styled your hair to match the lovely mod dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, I feel like you are about to burst into song in the first picture. Also how did you manage to get your hair into such a perfect beehive!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely see the Anna Karina influence and love it. If only every day were like a Godard film...but then everyone would always be questioning everything and I don't think anything would ever be accomplished. Anyway, the dress is absolutely darling and perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OKAY I figured it out. You remind me of Chuck from Pushing Daisies. I don't even watch that show and you remind me of her so much! Which is a good thing, because you're both super beautiful. <3

    I love this whole look, though -- the shoes are so cute and simple, you've made me want black mary jane heels! And your hair, it is INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and the idea of a blogger writers' group..? That is an AWESOME idea and I kind of really want to do it now... we could do workshops! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just found your blog I absolutely love that dress and your hair is gorgeous, You have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How'd the stuffed shells turn out?? I've been soo bad lately with posting but this weekend was a lemonfest!

    ReplyDelete