Tuesday, April 26, 2011

in which i dress like a (new) wave

Photobucket

Holy Tuesday. This outfit is a little bit lackluster, but maybe it just feels that way because I didn't have time to do my hair. It's another miserably drizzly day here in VT so I'm coddling my poor legs with tights this AM and wearing watery hues.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(jumper: SnapVintage on etsy; chambray shirt: walmart; tights: hue; belt/scarf: thrifted; shoes: seychelles

I did wear this green jumper rather recently, but I know that I will have to bury it in the back of my closet once the summer heat hits so I want to wear it as much as possible before then!

Last night I accompanied K to his film class (so strange being back in that environment...) for a screening of Cléo from 5 to 7, a 1962 French New Wave film by Agnès Varda (who for some reason I just assumed was a man... probably because I just assume that every French New Wave filmmaker is Godard in disguise... and now I realize that a documentary film about her has been in my Netflix queue for months. Small (film) world.). Anyway, I do actually really like those films, but (in my opinion) the classroom environment is not the proper place to enjoy one. I feel like it should have been projected against a wall in an old warehouse somewhere, instead of in a stuffy auditorium full of unappreciative students ("Thank God," one student said when it was over. "That was so boring," said another). Anyway. It wasn't my absolute favorite film of the genre, but I can always appreciate the atmosphere.

14 comments:

  1. love the dress and all the layering! great blog ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might sound weird but I love your hair, especially your bangs! lol Everytime I look at your pictues I think about cutting mine. I might just get up the courage this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your green jumper is too cute, get as much wear out of it as you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layering here! And you have so many cute neckties. Love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layers!! That green dress is so wonderful over the top, it's kind of nice to get to wear the winter stuff one last time before it gets pushed out again. I really want some brown shoes like yours!

    ps. Where you read love in the time of cholera sounds ammazing. Reading a good book on an exotic beach? Perfect! I love gabriel garcia marquez, I'm pretty sure I've read every one of his books
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Class is the strangest place to watch films. They'd insist on fast forwarding to key bits in my film history class so any film you didn't get a chance to see before was ruined. Grrr. Rear Window (my favourite out of all fast forward film victims) is still awesome, I waited to forget for a couple of years before watching it again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got so into telling you all about my evil film class I completely forgot to tell you how much I love that dress on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment for the second time again... (blogger is really pushing all my buttons this week).

    Enjoyed your feature, and liked, though was intimidated by, the sound of your book...
    I love the jumper and you can wear it as much as you like before summer!

    I probably would have been bored too, but I agree that class is not a great atmosphere for many films. No one wants to be caught crying at the end. ; )

    P.S. If you make an Ontario roadtrip this summer I'll organize a lakeside cottage and copious amounts of wine... ; D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you outfit! the jean shirt works quite well with the jumper. This gives me some ideas about how I cans style a jean shirt. And it has been raining off and on in San Francisco and I hate it. Where is the sun? Where is summer?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I am absolutely in love with this dress. It is so amazing! Lovely x 1000 :) Hope you are having a wonderful week beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love this cute green jumper! so cute!!!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love the layering and textures and colourings of this outfit - beautiful

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Love love love this! The green dress is sooo mod and cute!

    bspoke
    Voilà!

    ReplyDelete