Friday, April 15, 2011

chicago vs. burlington

Photobucket

FRIDAY!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(feather or haute dress: modcloth; coat: tjmaxx; scarf/belt: thrifted; bracelet: flea market; earrings: claire's; shoes: seychelles)

I LOVE this outfit. I feel so bohemian with all of my prints and gold jewelry. This coat is one of my absolute favorites--I can't believe I was ever on the fence about buying it. I think it makes any outfit infinitely more interesting. This is almost exactly what I wore to a dinner party with friends last weekend--I rarely repeat outfits on this blog, but that's why I don't post on the weekends! Anyway, I liked the combination so much that I wore it again yesterday. I had originally moved all of my pretty pastels to the front of the closet for this week, but it ended up being a lot colder and greyer than I was expecting so I had to improvise. Hopefully I'll be able to pull them out next week!

But enough about my outfit. Lyric's production of Chicago last night (opening night!) was so much fun! K and I got all dolled up (any excuse is good enough for me!), and I kept grabbing his arm and grinning like a lunatic when the opening bars of my favorite songs would start up. I'm such a musical theatre nerd. It's probably a good thing that I don't live anywhere near Broadway--my bank account would seriously suffer. Still, I couldn't help but think that I could have played Velma as well or better than the woman who had the part (although her 14-year involvement in the company probably would have given her quite the advantage even if I had actually decided to audition). It was definitely the most professional non-professional theatre production I've ever seen in Vermont, ever. I had such a great time.

And, just for kicks, here's how I've worn some of these items in the past:

Photobucket

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

15 comments:

  1. I love your outfit too! The prints look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you SHOULD love this outfit! i love it too! you really are a pattern mixing genius. i could learn a thing or two from you. i typically stick to solids. but i'm totally diggin this combo.
    and i love musical theater too! my favorite is les miserables. i've seen it twice. and cried both times. the first time i saw it in london and i literally started bawling as soon as the music started and then off and on through to the end. sooooooooo good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look phenomenal! Very bohemian yet elegant! Now I want to go see a musical! Luckily I work in the theater district downtown, so I sometimes can go grab rush tickets for shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing outfit! That coat! The dress! So perfect, bohemian chic. I love the back of the dress and it's sleeves.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a stellar outfit, loving your coat and that dress and the shoes...yeah i like everything about this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This combination is great; I love all the colours together and the way the coat and scarf really warm up the appearance of the dress.

    And I love it when theatre productions turn out more professional than you were expecting (so often it's the other way around). I'm not the biggest fan of Chicago, but maybe that's because I've never seen it live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous!! That dress is sooo pretty!! I want it! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great outfit! The back of the dress is so interesting with the criss-crossed cut-out. The feathered print is so whimsical and that coat! The coat is a knock-out! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when bloggers link back to outfit remixes, very cute styling each time :) love this dress, would totally wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit too!
    The way the scarf compliments the dress...I seriously swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those patterns! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mix of prints in this outfit is so perfect I want to throw up. That dress is incredible. And that coat! And your hair. Augh. I can't be articulate right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Not to sound stalkerish, but do you live in VT? I'm a native Vermonter (burlington area) who moved to NY a couple of years ago (tear). My family is still there so I visit as often as possible! If you are in Vermont, give her a big hug for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahh that dress is SO cute! especially the back detail. i have a tattoo on my back too so i always love different little back details to show it off a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is something about this outfit that I just LOVE. you look too damn cute all the time lady, I don't know how you do it ;)
    I'm in love with that last photo, it's very hippie/gypsie.

    ReplyDelete