Tuesday, April 5, 2011

i need an umbrella

Photobucket

I definitely feel like I'm on my way to an English garden party in this outfit. That's probably just because when it rains it makes me think of the English countryside and tea and scones with clotted cream. Unfortunately, I was not on my way to a tea party, I was on my way to work. And I didn't have an umbrella, but my straw hat did the trick... at least from the shoulders up. This is quickly shaping up to be The Week When Caitlin Wears Every Straw Hat She Owns.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(hat: thrifted; shirt: h&m; skirt: vintage; shoes: seychelles)

Speaking of ladies lunching in the English countryside, I may or may not have skipped the gym and watched THREE 19th-20th century films last night. It was divine, but I think I may be satisfied for a while :) In case you're curious: The Last September, My Brilliant Career, and Impromptu... and I'd recommend them all!

Tonight it's back to business--both laundry and the gym are calling my name (but don't worry, as is quite evident from my porcelain-pale complexion, tanning is not in my future).

12 comments:

  1. wow! it really was raining!! i never have an umbrella. it's a problem actually. i walk to work and get caught in rain showers all the time. but it does bring out the lovely spring green you're wearing. so glad it's not snowing any more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty! I love the green skirt a lot. I loled at your gym tanning laundry reference. And I love pale skin!

    http://likespinning-plates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that green skirt, what a rich color and a great length on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like a hothouse flower, which is no bad thing in rainy April. And I wish I had more than one straw hat to choose from! Also, I haven't heard of any of those movies and am feeling really out of sync with the 19th century (my favourite century, fictionally), as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skirt so much, your outfit as a whole is so pretty!! Glad your straw hat [kinda] helped you survive the rain, haha!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your skirt is lovely as is your impromptu umbrella hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with anyone who can work a mid length skirt - this looks very sweet, especially with the straw hat. You're very much right about the English rain, I really should buy myself an umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this. You really could have walked out of the English countryside. And I love the movie Impromptu! I used to be absolutely obsessed with Franz Liszt and Frederic Chopin, which is initially why I watched it, but it was a great movie in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely look you were coming out of the countryside and off to tea. Looove the floral top and that green skirt is amazing. Fantastic outfit
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even in the springtime you have amazing hats! I love it.
    You and your style are simply inspiring.


    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get over this outfit! It's beautiful.

    Thanks for the movie recommendations. I'm big on period pieces, 19th century especially.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant hat (and obviously practical too! :D) and I love your flowerful top. Lookin great!

    ReplyDelete