Wednesday, April 20, 2011

frills for thrills

Photobucket

It was actually rather cozy to be awakenened early this morning by rumbling thunder. Not so cozy: the fact that I then had to get up and go outside. Days like these were made for curling up on the couch with a fat book and a steaming cup of tea--not for taking outfit photos. I had originally planned to get up early and tease my hair, but the rain would have ruined it immediately anyway, hence the hat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: SnapVintage via etsy; hat/belt: thrifted; faux-fur collar: h&m; socks: uo; shoes: kohl's; necklace: gift from k)

When I wore this dress last Easter I wasn't very happy with the styling, and I do like it a lot better this time around but it's still doesn't thrill me. I don't know, it's a lot harder to style than I thought it would be, maybe because it's so frilly. I do love the combination of the grey socks with these sandals, so they will definitely have to make an appearance together again soon.

Last night was spent baking lasagne with mushrooms, onions and spinach and eating it while drinking wine and flipping through last month's issue of Vogue (I'm so behind... I got the May issue this week and now I need to play catch-up!). It was completely self-indulgent and absolutely divine. Tonight will most likely be more of the same... Happy hump day!

12 comments:

  1. haha I too am spending my evenings cooking and flipping through Vogue, but I'm on the May issue. J decided that Vogue and the like is why my outfits are so out of control crazy. He then went through the magazine giving his approval or disapproval. Unsurprisingly, little was deemed acceptable. I still love it. Not that into the Reese pictures though. The circus and I do not get along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that this might be a hard one to style, though it's definitely more feminine with the lacy socks and heels. Plus, you have your own Easter bonnet. The weather looks nasssty though.

    P.S. I'll just say, I spent my time in Yorkshire wandering the countryside, not the property. I wouldn't get too far if I stayed on the property. My Grannie lived in a village. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those delicate flowers look so lovely :) Another perfect Easter look :)

    I can't wait to sock up some sandals myself ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is super cute, I love the frills and the way you styled it with the fur.
    Lasagne + vogue, that sounds like the most wonderful evening ever!!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a tough dress to style - stripes, floral and ruffles! The hat looks really cute with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this outfit, it's so chic! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress and how you styled it. I think I'd wear it without the fur and hat and just put my hair up in a pretty bun and maybe throw on a drapey sweater. Drapey sweaters are the answer to all of my styling questions! Lasagna is my FAVORITE food! and with Vogue and a good glass of wine you've got the makin's of a perfect evening in my book:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really like the sleeves on this dress. Cute outfit. You are so right about rainy days, work should be called off but we should still get paid for the day. :) Interesting note, I actually made lasagna last night as well and will be eating it again tonight, three cheers for left overs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this dress is such a cutie. you look so good in it.

    thanks for your comment :)

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always a bit annoying when you buy something you love and then it just never seems to work with anything. I have a few of those. This looks pretty though, I like how the socks and sandals balance the more feminine qualities of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of the ways you've styled this dress, but this is my fave. Much more Eastery! Which makes me feel like I should buy an Easter dress, although that would be ridiculously self-indulgent and unnecessary! I'm super jealous of your lasagne/wine/Vogue night. It sounds perfect. I need to become more of a wine girl -- I'm super into beer, but wine is so much more dapper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is lovely, it looks great with the frilly socks and fur collar! And I love hats for their quick rainy-day-hair fix ;)
    That lasagne sounds delicious. I also need to catch up on last month's Vogue, haha! It's been on my bedside table forever...
    M xo

    ReplyDelete