Monday, April 4, 2011

hear that monday coming...

Photobucket

Even though it is snowing today, and Monday, I feel pretty good. I had absolutely no idea what I was going to wear when I dragged myself out of bed (half an hour late) this morning, but this outfit came together quite nicely. I imagine this is the way a love child of a train conductor and a hobo might dress :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(jacket: uo via goodwill; shirt/hat: uo; jeans: paris blues; boots: seychelles; scarf: thrifted)

This outfit is very Urban Outfitters-heavy, but everything is several seasons old. I picked up this perfect-fit jacket at Goodwill a few months ago and have been saving it for spring and summer. It couldn't possibly fit any better if it was made just for me. I also decided to pull out my flare jeans this morning, which have been carted around and sat in the back of my various closets over the past several years, without ever once making it onto my body. As I've mentioned before, I don't often wear jeans, but these are so soft and comfortable and fit so well that I've kept them around... just in case! Hooray for pack rats!

I had a lovely weekend spent doing not much of anything, again. When K and I woke up (late) on Saturday, I suggested that we go to a matinee. We went to see Limitless, which was a huge disappointment. It was one of those great concept movies that tries to float by on novelty and just kind of flops. Plus, it was so gross at one point the movie may have been ruined by that scene alone... it was a lot more American Psycho than I expected it to be (a bit much for a relaxing Saturday afternoon). Anyway, we stopped off at Goodwill afterward so K could search for plates to put his plants on and I ended up scoring a few awesome items for our apartment.

Sunday was spent shifting between writing, reading Walden and watching I Capture the Castle and Frida instantly on Netflix while drinking tea and eating sandwiches. Once I realized that all I really need to do to be content is to watch excellent films, read excellent books and continue to progress on my novel, I became very excited for the rest of my life (haha!). Well, for now, anyway. I'm really looking forward to spending my free time watching period films and artistic biopics in the coming weeks :)

9 comments:

  1. This is a great casual look, I don't wear jeans a lot anymore, but I love seeing other bloggers wear them and still be chic. This jacket definitely is a perfect fit, it's so awesome!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty bangs, girl!

    http://60smodfox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for packrats indeed. I figure we must have some old flares around the house somewhere, though they may have been chucked in the great family cross-country move.

    I also love an evening of good books and good films. Hoping to have some quiet ones soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat is just divine. I love how you styled it with that blazer. haha- loved the reference about the love child between a train conductor and hobo. I think you look pretty darn cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. But seriously can we be best friends? You even wear denim on denim like a champ. I have a girl crush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha....train conductor and hobo.
    you are rocking those jeans lady. and i love that tshirt
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous, love the hat and varying shades of blue., perfect casual outfit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those widlegs on you. I wish I could pull off that style of jean. You look like some incredibly chic 1970s traveler in them.

    I saw Limitless on Sunday afternoon too haha. I didn't mind it. I wasn't expecting anything great and it was very typical Hollywood. I appreciate that the movie didn't take itself too seriously and that Bradley Cooper was a good mix of smug and tongue in cheek.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, I totally adore how this outfit is channeling some Anna Karina goodness. You have perfectly embodied the look of an iconic 70s french movie star. :)

    Also, your day sounds PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete