Wednesday, April 13, 2011

a wallop of scallop

Photobucket

Ta-da! Here is yesterday's outfit, brought to you by my sneaky Photobucket maneuvering (creating a second account), as mine is still out of commission. Why did I decide to pay for this, again? In their original state, these shorts were basically gaucho monstrosities, hitting just above the knee. The first time I wore them I just rolled up the pant legs because I wasn't so sure what I wanted to do with them, but finally I decided to buckle down and experiment with the scallop trend. Please pardon the severe wrinkling going on here--apparently these shorts don't take well to sitting (note to self: only wear shorts when walking and standing). Other than that, I quite love them. Even if the scallops are incredibly uneven.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(blouse/hat/shorts: thrifted; socks: uo; shoes: seychelles)

It was definitely a nice day yesterday, but we've had some severe flooding around here as a result of the sudden sunshine. Every field along the river is now a lake, and some of the roads have closed as a result of our descent into Waterworld. I'm really pushing for a sunny spring weekend, but at least I'll probably get more work done if it's miserable outside.

Anyway, I'm basically burnt out from all the rage I've been directing at Photobucket over the past 24 hours, so I'm going to duck out. Today I really am crawling up over the hump until the bitter end: work, laundry, gym, washing dishes... but come tomorrow morning I'll be back in the game and I'm excited for the rest of the week!

**EDIT: I just want to give credit where credit is due!! I used THIS super-helpful tutorial, in case anybody is thinking about attempting the DIY. Happy scalloping! :)**

16 comments:

  1. wow, the shorts turned out great! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go with the diy scallops!! love them. i've thought about trying it out on a pair of awkward length shorts, but just haven't gotten brave enough to attempt it! you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scallop shorts, I keep seeing the scalloped hem all over this season I really would like an excuse to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out really cute! I love your hat and lacy socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I cannot believe you thrifted and adjusted these. They look amazing! I was sure you had bought them but I am impressed!!!
    I can't wait for summer to wear shorts again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. LOVE the shorts. Too cute!

    2. I am so jealous of your long legs. I could never pull off shorts with little ankle socks--my legs would look like stumps.

    3. I didn't comment on the post the other day, but I LOVED all you had to say about writing. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable and just reminded me that I ordered socks forever ago that I need to wear.

    Great look!

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i cant believe you DIYd these scalloped shorts! you did an amazing job. This whole outfit is darling. ive been dreaming of scalloped shorts for days, maybe i should take my sewing machine to an old pair too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. scalloped shorts!? how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love that you scalloped those shorts yourself!! Ammmazing! They look really great with the feminine button up and hat. Such a great look.
    I noticed a lot of bloggers complaining about photobucket yesterday, mine was still working? It kept freezing but that might be my computer haha
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty shorts, your spring photos are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am loving your shorts and their pretty scalloped edges. You did a lovely job

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great, and I'm also digging the blouse. Aaand, those socks look like the same ones I inadvertently stole from UO!

    That's weird about your account still being out of commission... mine was only down for a few hours. You have the worst luck with Photobucket, and I feel a bit guilty for recommending it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did such a nice job with the scalloping, I can't even imagine those shorts as gaucho monstrosities! And the color is incredibly lovely.

    I'm really liking the whole feel of this outfit. It's so perfect and springlike.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely adore how those shorts came out! If I felt comfortable wearing anything that showed off my thighs I would TOTALLY make myself some scalloped shorts as well and be your protege. Alas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darn bucket - I completely missed the outage in offline world. :) Those scallops are perfect! Love the look :)

    ReplyDelete