Thursday, April 14, 2011

siiiiiingin' in the rain

Photobucket

It feels so weird to be behind on my outfit posting... like I'm lying to you guys! Anyway, this outfit is from yesterday, and I wasn't even going to take photos (because I was behind, so why bother?) but I kind of liked how it came together, even though it was super-casual. As you can see, it was seriously raining:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(trench: h&m; chambray tunic: tjmaxx; jeans: pacsun; scarf: f21; shoes: simply vera for kohl's)

Weirdly, the outfit I throw on when I'm feeling the most grubby is one without a single vintage or thrifted element!

Tonight K and I are going to see a local production of Chicago and I am so excited. I love Chicago (even if I've only technically seen the Catherine Zeta-Jones/Renee Zellweger movie version), and it is my dream to see the show on Broadway someday. I'm sure I wouldn't love the movie so much if I had actually seen the real show--the only Broadway musical I've seen on the New York stage was RENT (in high school), and the movie didn't even remotely compare to the thrill of seeing it onstage (I was literally on the edge of my seat). If you recall, one of my resolutions this year was to audition for a musical. Well, this was the musical I intended to audition for, but then... well, let's just say that the auditions fell right after the holidays and I was not about to publicly prance around in a leotard. Excuses, excuses? I don't care. Wasn't happening. Anyway, this is better because I just get to sit back and enjoy the show!!

8 comments:

  1. love the different shades of blue together! especially with the contrasting scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit, I like the accessories, especially the jacket.
    Your bangs are too cute!

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pintucking and shape of the shirt! Luckily my mom is obsessed with musicals and I grew up in Chicago so I got to see a lot of Broadway shows growing up. They are THRILLING, aren't they?! I cry at some point in like all of them, just because I'm so amped up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love simple outfits in the spring... and I'm still in awe of people who are up to date on their posting. I'm perennially a couple of weeks behind. ; )

    I used to do some musical theatre, but can't imagine prancing in a leotard at any time of year at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the dneim on denim with the pop of colour with the scarf and your trench to pull it all together. Great look!
    I love musicals, for my 12th birthday I asked my parents to take me to les miserables, but I'd love to see something like rent.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING the second to last picture where you captured your entire reflection on the rain soaked pavement :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those heels are amazing, they really make the denim on denim pop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look! I love the reflection courtesy of the rain :)

    ReplyDelete