Wednesday, April 27, 2011

in which i burst into technicolor

Photobucket

I've been daydreaming about this outfit for days now (is that weird?), ever since I thrifted this pretty J Crew polka dot blouse and immediately knew I wanted to wear it with my red skirt. Something about this outfit feels very Kate Spade--a simple, girly getup in bold, bright colors, with a twist of sixties prep. After I overdosed on pastels last week, it's not surprise that I'm boomeranging back into brights this week! Also, this Jewelmint necklace is still my favorite thing ever :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(blouse/skirt: goodwill; socks: uo; shoes: seychelles; necklace: jewelmint)

Last night we had a major storm that took out our power with a crack of lightning and a thunderclap. Luckily we had finished making dinner at that point, so we ate our hot dogs (tofu for her, bratwurst-and-sauerkraut for him) and macaroni-and-cheese (we're both totally broke) while watching lightning bolts streak across the purplish sky. I love thunderstorms, but I'm so grateful that we never get anything worse around here. I don't think that I could live comfortably with the threat of tornadoes and/or hurricanes hanging overhead like a dark cloud.

I haven't been making progress on any of my writing projects (I now officially have a TV pilot, screenplay and novel in the works) for the past week because I've been too busy! Hopefully this weekend I will be able to settle back into my writing routine.

Welcome to all of my new followers (and thanks again to Meg for yesterday's feature)!

17 comments:

  1. I really love this outfit, you look adorable! Good luck getting back into your writing routine, it's never an easy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally have burst into technicolor, and I love this outfit! Still a fan of the necklace and the whole look definitely has this bright, fresh, youthful appeal.

    Three writing project? I guess I'm writing three essays at once (bah), but still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how bold bright colors can make an outfit on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is totally genius. I have been so badly wanting to try matching two really bold colors together. I want to be a color blocking girl! hehe. You look so beautiful as always lady. I hope you get some down time this weekend to pick up a pen and start writing. Or typing..whatever suits! ;) Have a wonderful week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklace looks perfect paired with this blouse - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this blouse is amazing! Such a super-bright blue, I had never thought this colour would look that good with red! Well, obviously it does! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice outfit and good luck with your writing projects !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Brilliant outfit, you look lovely.

    It's funny, I wear exactly the same style of clothing, but I hardly ever mix the colours... am always playing safe. I'm quite inspired! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate Spade-esque, indeed! That blouse is an awesomeee thrift store find :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look perfectly dolled up. Loving this color combo. Oh and congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute outfit. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't even! The blouse with your necklace is so perfect, it hurts. I've been wanting to wear bright colors lately as well, but alas everything I own is so muted! Frustrating, but I'll live. Anyway I really love this look, as USUAL my dear, and yay for getting back to your writing routine soon! I've been so busy lately as well, I want to get some writing done this evening. Here's hoping I actually do that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love!!! And yes, I dream of specific outfits too, especially when I thrift. I think it's because I force myself to picture outfits that I can wear with whatever I'm buying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore that color combo and your hair is so cute, perfect outfit!

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loove the polka dot blouse with this bright red skirt, the perfect combination!! And that necklace goes so well.
    Thats scary that the power got knocked out, but thunderstorms are awesome sometimes
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  16. loving this color palette SO much! that top is such a great find! makes me want to go thrifting right now haha :)

    saras-style-snapshot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete