Friday, April 22, 2011

in which i don an easter bonnet

Photobucket

And thus we conclude Easter Week on the blog.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(tunic: plato's closet; cardigan: ruche; hat/belt: thrifted; socks: uo; shoes: payless; necklace: diy)

There were some eggs hidden around my office this morning, so I've spent the day munching through chocolates like an (Easter) bunny. It's no secret that chocolate is my favorite thing about this holiday (I've also been known to enjoy a jellybean or two--or two hundred), but I am looking forward to spending a weekend down in Connecticut with the family. Tomorrow will be dedicated to manual labor (hauling brush and such from our recently-demolished camp on the Pond), which I'm actually looking forward to! I really do enjoy working once and a while, especially since I spend most of every week sitting on my bum in front of a flickering computer screen (ew). (I really do want to be a farmer. Sometimes.) Then of course, the traditional Sunday dinner in Portland (and the potential for lawn games) before the long car ride north. I only wish K could come :( He'll be spending the weekend shut up in his office studying for finals, which is a big bummer.

Anyway, I love this hat. It's not really a bonnet, but it's just as awesome. You know what else is awesome? You guys. Happy Easter!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Caitlin! I enjoyed your Easter week, even if you got bored of pastels part way though. My goal for next year is to acquire something that actually could pass as an Easter Bonnet. : )

    And enjoy your weekend. It all sounds great. Too bad the yearly rains have caught up with me here. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet outfit. Perfect from head to toe!

    www.iheartcocoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your bonnet is very cute. I am sad to see Easter week end :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter bonnet! This makes me more excited than it should. I just love the word bonnet. People should wear bonnets more often. BONNET.

    Okaaaay, so now that that's out of my system! I love this outfit to death and now I desire a pair of mary jane pumps. And those socks! <3

    I wish you hadn't mentioned jelly beans. I have a craving now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is sooooo cute! Perfect for spring! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not the biggest chocolatefan, but I LOVE your outfit! those shoes and socks, gosh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cardigan, so springy and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is so perfect, that dress with the pretty cardigan and those socks are the perfect combination. GORGEOUS
    Enjoy your chocolate and family time :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter :)

    Lovely hat and cardi - looking great as always, have a most excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter, Spring Equinox, Resurrection, and all other lovely things! I adore your hat and this is definitely my favorite of your Easter week holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit, the over the knee socks are super cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely outfit! i adore the socks & cardi! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete