Monday, April 25, 2011

in which i am full of easter bunnies

Photobucket

Boo-hoo to Monday. I've been a bit of a wreck today, I'm not going to lie. Firstly, I slept later than planned (shocker) and totally forgot that I was supposed to get my summer tires put on this morning at 8 AM. And then I realized that because I got home around 10 PM last night I wasn't able to go grocery shopping and I didn't really have anything for breakfast. But at least I had this cute little striped dress to hide all of the chocolate Easter bunnies in my belly (I think it will also be my new favorite for chilly summer days).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: f21; hat: uo; socks/shoes: kohl's; trench: h&m)

What a weekend I had. The family and I arrived in CT in time for a late dinner, then went back to my aunt's house. I had a few too many fresca-and-raspberry-smirnoff's and felt nice and sick the next day, just in time to carry loads of brush up and down the skinny, snaking stairs of our cabin on the lake, in the pouring rain, while wearing a one-dollar poncho, enormous mud boots and oversized work gloves. Three hours of back-breaking labor later we headed "home" to loll around on the floor in front of a space heater watching movies. We did go out to a lovely dinner that night during which we were all pretty much too exhausted even to converse (which does not happen often in my family), and to Coldstone for dessert. I brought about ten pounds of pasta home in doggie bags. Easter Sunday the men did some more manual labor while the ladies lounged around, and we headed to Easter dinner. We did attempt to play "Jarts" (this game is officially illegal now because it's too dangerous, but the set was from the 'fifties or something), but my brother broke one and that cut the game short. Instead we just ate. A lot. And it was delicious. But then I got sick again. So I spent most of my weekend sick! I'm becoming a weakling.

Anyway, it was a good weekend but I am feeling rather worn out this Monday morning. I always seem to feel like I need a holiday after my holidays!

12 comments:

  1. You aren't becoming a weakling! Its just that weird "why is there so much daylight??" period and you're packing in tons of activities. Love that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome weekend other than the sickness part!! I love the dress, it's perfect for chilly summer day or hiding food babies.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that sounds really intense! My family holidays often leave me pretty exhausted too. Like the time we went to Cuba and in my hungover state I tried to break into another family's room. Hope the chocolate was all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dress and your hair looks adorable like this :) sounds like you had a fun but tiring weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love this dress...the collar...the stripes...the buttons...everything. You really pull off the socks and sandals combo, for some reason i am timid trying it despite loving the look.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute! I just spent I don't even know how long looking through your blog, and I'm completely enchanted by your style! Consider me your newest follower ;)

    xx
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog! your style is so amazing! love it!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking lovely :)

    That sounds like one active weekend - no surprise you need to recover :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is beautiful hun, following.

    & I love your dress. <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this look. I am so glad I found your blog, I love your posts on chictopia. Thanks for sharing bow ties are cool, I hope I can make blogging, like minded friends like you guys, instead of just collecting followers like a lot people do. I really think blogging is about creating a network of people who can inspire each other.

    xx
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh! so sorry you spent your weekend not feeling well. i hate being sick. but on the bright side, you look adorable! love the hat and stripes!

    ReplyDelete