Monday, April 18, 2011

i've got moves you've never seen

Photobucket

TRUE STORY: I love dance parties. In fact, I rather wish that my regular life was a non-stop dance party, all the time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: thrifted j crew; shoes: simply vera for kohl's; trench coat: h&m)

I always think of dance parties when I wear this dress because I wore it to my first real hipster dance party in college and there were plenty of incriminating photos of me mid-dance move so that's how I will always imagine myself in it. I wore it a lot back then, though oddly enough I don't think it has ever made an appearance on my blog! It was also my very first thrift/(vintage?) purchase. The tag says J Crew and I assume it's probably only from the nineties or something, but it has a definite sixties vibe (in my opinion), especially with bouffant hair and winged black eyeliner.

Also, this nail polish is a big fail. I grabbed it at the drug store because it was a pale pastel yellow in the bottle, but it actually looks much more like lemon meringue than banana cream. Oh well, it was like $1.50. I kind of like it anyway--after all, yellow is my favorite color!

18 comments:

  1. 60's dancing babe! i love that dress and your hair. Good look lady
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dance moves!! Great post, hair and outfit! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute little dress and I love the shoes! Aren't dance parties the best?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely have a '60s vibe going on today! I really love your hair like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd fit right in at a mod party in that dress! Its so fun! I love these photos, they add some umph to the typical outfit posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looove that dress, the stripes are awesome!
    I often wish that my life were a big dance party too ;) Or a musical! Haha!
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to people whose favourite colour is yellow! (that would be me and you then) ; )

    I can't think why this dress hasn't been on the blog before. It looks totally 60s (I assumed it was) and is simply the perfect thing for dancing in. And you look great in those colours!

    Also, anime is so not my thing either. Really, I only like about 1% of comics/graphic novels. I can only get behind them if I like the drawings as well as the stories, and I seldom do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your dancing moves. so fun. your hairdo is gorgeous as well.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You love dance parties??! I love dance parties! Unfortunalty I dont have many friends in CT that like to boogie so I am forced to dance by myself in my living room with the XBox Kinect. Boring. Cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress - I love those colourful stripes :) You don't wanna see my dance moves, I am a health and safety risk :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy cannoli, you look just like chuck from "pushing daisies." pretty sure i've never been more jealous! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These puctures make me soooo happy, you're adorable!! This dress is wicked, and I like the nail polish.
    Jealous of bare legs!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute dress and hair, you look so retro 60s and i love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to transport to a world where everything can be a dance party at any point, you just have to stand up and start dancing, and the music and disco balls just appear as needed! Sigh, alas and alack, etc. I really love your whole look here, totally '60s and adorable. It's also your fault that I'm currently DYING for a trench coat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. word. i am in TOTAL agreement about life being a dance party. if only! i definitely get the 60's vibe from the pattern and colors on this dress, very cute!

    also, it looks so warm in VT. jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha I love this! I totally remember that dress from college - recognized it right away! Also, I love your hair! How did you give it so much volume at the top? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this entire look! Your hair is so cute! And dance parties are always great!!

    ReplyDelete