Tuesday, April 19, 2011

caitlin in wonderland

Photobucket

It's Easter Week, so you can expect to see me in all my Sunday finery (since, if this upcoming Easter is anything like the last, it will be spent getting rather intoxicated and digging my heels into the grass while playing cutthroat lawn games--not exactly glamorous). I adore this dress but it does feel an awful lot like costumery, so it makes its way out of the closet maybe once a year. Last time I wore it was in November of 2009, with a distinctly gothic spin. This time around, I feel as if I am channeling Alice in Wonderland.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: vjones1 via etsy; socks/hat: uo; shoes: seychelles)

Speaking of Alice in Wonderland, I recently watched Alice, Woody Allen's loosely-based modern interpretation of the classic, and loved it. In my opinion, you can't get much better than Woody Allen and Mia Farrow, who can both basically do no wrong in my mind (besides the whole he-left-her-for-her-adopted-daughter scenario, which is just gross). Sometimes I choose to overlook people's personal failings if I have enough of an appreciation for their art--is that bad? K absolutely hates Woody Allen. I guess you're either on one side or the other. Mia, on the other hand, is just darling.

Happy Easter/Passover week, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. It's so ethereal and beautiful! I love the more gothic interpretation too... although I can't believe you wore it to work! I guess Easter is a good time to crack these things out. I'm debuting one of my more frou frou offerings too this week, with the same socks! ; D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can overlook personal failings too, but I must admit Woody creeps me out a bit. Love Mia though, she had the best pixie ever.
    That's a lovely dress!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    E.Caffey handbag giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible dress, it's so pretty. It works perfectly for easter week here. Woody is a creep but is so great at what he does. It's only easy to overlook their personal failings when they are truly fantastic in their work.
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. costumery or not i love the dress, it's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goddd you look so pretty!!! That dress is gorgeous and I love the color. The little socks seriously make the outfit. Easter is so much fun. I'm totally dying eggs this week. Oh, and if my parents tell me I'm too old for an Easter basket there's going to be some serious issues haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very Alice in Wonderland! I love it, that dress is gorgeous :D It reminds me of a pretty little fondant cake, haha! Great styling with the brown belt and shoes! Also, the matching sash bit on the hat? Genius.
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and delicate dress! I don't think it's too costumery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Your style
    nice work girl !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. this dress is perfect for Easter. My Easter will be just as classy with lots of Sam Adams beer and pigs in a blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a fun way to spend Easter! I love how delicate the dress is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A glorious Easter dress - so delicate and pretty! :)


    I always thought that was a healthy dose of creepy but I totally agree - unless they're harming people it's best not to worry about people in the public eye's private life. My listening pleasure of Michael Jackson's Thriller has most certainly been marred by jesus juice but when it's consenting, no matter how gross, I couldn't care less. Live and let live ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. To answer your question: I've never actually used lipSTICK. I just refer to it as lipstick because it sounds better haha. I actually only put on lip liner. The one I love and always wear is Sephora brand in red. It comes in a thin, black, retractable tube. It stays on SO well and it's not too shiny looking. Lipstick always comes off so easily and smears all over my face when I'm eating and stuff. The Sephora liner is super.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness, such a sweet look. beautiful! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ♥ Oh. Nice post.) Love your blog.)) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. THOSE SLEEVES! I die.

    Cutthroat lawn games? Why-oh-why doesn't my family partake in such things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dress... is... AMAZING. I'm in love with both ways you styled it, stop being so awesome! Gah! I want to live in your fairyland of a life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah, the I adore everything about this dress. The fabric, the color, the style....sadly, dresses like this are out of my price range....So maybe I'll make one. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete