Friday, February 4, 2011

vintage librarian loafers

(via TopShop)

Personally, I think loafers are the new oxfords. Don't get me wrong, I am still madly in love with my Seychelles Blimey Oxfords, but I have been lusting after loafers since back-to-school season. I especially adore TopShop's modern interpretation of this old classic (above) with the clunky sky-high heel and the hidden platform. Alas, this particular pair is outside of my price range, but I've been eyeing etsy for the just-right vintage version.



(via BeckyDrolen)

(via SewShoeMe)


I don't discriminate between the penny loafer/moccasin fringe varieties, but the warriorprincess pair would be mine if I could only squeeze my feet into them, stepsister-style.

8 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, those Topshop ones are so cute! Go hit up eBay, I found the ones from this post for only $10! There were quite a few cute ones to choose from a few weeks ago!

    http://futurelint.blogspot.com/2011/01/simple-seventies-suede.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be worth the pain for that warriorprincess pair....
    Maybe foot binding is a good thing after all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHIT dude - i am SO in love with those from warriorprincess, too! UGH why aren't they an 8?! darn. oxfords just dont look good on me, but i am all about the heeled loafer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very tempting... I could fit into those, but am determined not to shop this month...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, i have pair of loafers that i use to death!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im wearing vintage etienne aigner loafers i found for 17$ in a thrift store right meow. those heeled ones are amaaaazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these shoes can happily make their way into my wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. uh oh, found some more cute loafers to oggle:
    http://www.modcloth.com/Womens/Shoes/Heels/-Home-Library-Heel
    you have probably already seen them tho. They made me think of this post :) have you had any luck tracking down any reasonably priced ones?

    ReplyDelete