Monday, February 14, 2011

happy valentine's day!

Photobucket

So, I know this outfit is basically the antithesis of cutesy Valentine girlishness and I promise that I'm not a St. Valentine Scrooge or anything, but K and I celebrated Valentine's Day last night (he has a late class tonight), so the spirit has come and gone for me. I had a really fantastic weekend, full of friends (Friday), family (Saturday), and romance (Sunday).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(shirt: goodwill; dress: charlotte russe; tights: gap; scarf: bargain boutique; boots: seychelles)

I found this shirt at Goodwill this weekend, when K and I stopped there looking for a coffee table. I actually wanted him to get it but it was a bit too short and wide for him, so it became mine :) I didn't even browse through the women's section because when I go shopping lately I get really overwhelmed and can't stand it for more than a few minutes. This has happened more than once in the past couple of weeks: I load up my arms with clothes, briefly glance at the dressing room, then put the clothes down and walk out. I'm sure that this too will pass.

Friday night I went to the Purple Moon Pub in Waitsfield to see my friends Sarah and Juliana play music with Juliana's dad. There was quite a crowd of familiar faces in the audience, and I had some wine, a delicious garbanzo bean burger, and some good conversation. On Saturday, K and I did a little apartment shopping before my parents came over for dinner (K cooked!) and kir royales. My dad wanted to practice some new songs for our gig--we're playing in Montpelier for St. Patrick's Day--so after we were well fed we sat down and played a little music. I spent most of Sunday morning bumming around and watching past episodes of The Bachelor while K studied for his big test, and last night we went out to Parima for a lovely dinner (although I am still a little bit confused by the menu and think we may have received a condensed version--there was only one curry listed! I went with some sort of Grapow dish that ended up being too greasy for my liking, but the atmosphere was great and K really enjoyed his noodle dish) before heading over to the Roxy for a late showing of Another Year.

I love busy weekends!

8 comments:

  1. busy weekend indeed! any plans for v-day??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your top, it very peppy lumberjack :) I tend to do the same thing when the task of trying clothes on comes upon me....if there is a line i will just put everything back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - so colourful :)
    Great stuff about your weekend. Sounds like you had a lovely valentines celebration and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the olive tights and the way your scarf looks with the plaid shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great weekend. I looove this plaid, the bright colour is amazing, looks great with those tights
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yellow buffalo check!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Valentines Day weekend seems to involved lots of people you love, not just your guy. That sounds so wonderful. This outfit is cute too!

    I can't remember if I thanked you or not yet for your sweet comment on my post about getting hit. The only thing that really helped settle my indignation was knowing that there are people that I don't know in real life that would stand up for me. Ignorance just makes me so insane. Even though me and her were both women, the cops weren't doing anything because of the stigma attached with racist accusations, and the more I think about it, the more I recall that she seemed like kind of a young girl. Clearly a very angry young girl with a lying problem. Anyway, thank you again. You are a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit to bits... makes me want to run to my local (cheap) vintage store and do some damage in the checked shirts section. I've also been putting things down in shops lately and losing interest. Part of that is the shopping ban, but I hope that part of it is me coming around to some more diverse interests after months of materialism.

    Anyway, you play an instrument? What do you play? And you're in an act with you dad?

    ReplyDelete