Tuesday, February 8, 2011

style inspiration (sort of?)

Photobucket
This outfit post was very close to failing today, as the Universe appeared to be conspiring against me. With sheer determination I fought back, and here we are. So there, Universe. So there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(hat: h&m; cardigan: old navy; blouse: bargain boutique; skirt: salvation army; tights: hue; boots: seychelles)

To demonstrate the extent of my failure, you must first understand that this outfit was inspired by Jen's style file last Thursday:

Photobucket

Yeah. Couldn't be more different, right? Well, I thought I had an oatmeal pom-pom hat (which I had stolen from my mother), but I couldn't find it anywhere this morning (maybe I actually gave it back to her??). Then I couldn't find my skinny braided belt, which I needed to match my booties. I decided I couldn't wear my brown plaid skirt again so soon (oh, blogging), so I slapped on this pheasant-feather mini. And basically all that remained as far as similarity to Jen's outfit was the blue cardigan. All this wouldn't have been so bad except that I drove to one photo location, took a few shots, had to hide from the plow, saw an elderly gentleman taking a stroll toward me, and high-tailed it out of there to my other photo location. When I arrived I noticed that my camera was sans battery (it had dropped out somewhere, because the little door that holds my battery in was ruined when my camera fell off the tripod once upon a time). After searching high and low in the new location I returned to the old one and still couldn't find it. I decided that the battery had to be back at the other location so I drove all the way back, put on my gloves, and started groping the ground until--yes!! I found it underneath the freshly fallen snow. It was a miracle, but I was incredibly late to work... so, fail.

8 comments:

  1. Aw hun, although a bit different than Jen's outfit, it still retains the classic cuteness inspired by her. Sorry for all your misfortunes, but hey at least you can laugh about it now! Gosh darn this snow! When will it end?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red skirt! Thanks for braving the universe!
    www.fashnlvr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing that you found the battery under the snow, glad you did! How frustrating when it's so cold out to have all of that happen on top of it. But at least your photos turned out really amazing! I love how your outfit turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am incredibly impressed at your dedication. I would have given up after finding out that I didn't have the pom-pom hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's reminiscent of her look but I personally like it better :) Anyway that stinks about the battery but it's a good thing you found it!!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wellll, I wouldn't say it was similar (at all) but once you've waited another week or so you can bring back the plaid skirt and recreate it on a happier day. Kudos for finding your battery in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man! what a morning for you! thats pretty awesome that you found it, though! phew. im glad you didnt wear your plaid skirt so we could be introduced to the amazing pattern on this skirt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great :) What a morning though! Glad you found your battery. I highly recommend gaffa tape for holding things together :) One of my cameras is practically made of the stuff. :D

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete