Wednesday, February 2, 2011

russian dolls

Photobucket

The blizzard here is so severe that half my office decided not to show up today. I say: they are wimps. This is Vermont! We scoff at two feet of snow--that's why we all drive Subarus with studded snow tires. Pansies. While the rest of my colleagues were snuggled all warm in their beds, I was flouncing around in my shirtsleeves like a true Northeast Kingdom Queen. That said, I am brave in the face of the blizzard, but do not enjoy these frigid temperatures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(tshirt: old navy; blazer: vintage; jeans: pacsun; boots: seychelles; bow/necklace: forever 21)

This is the sort of outfit that comes together when I am very lazy indeed. My motto is, if you're going to wear something utterly snore-worthy, at least make it colorful! This vibrant red tee shirt is my go-to for wow-factor in an otherwise unimpressive outfit (and the primary accents in the accessories add a little bit of fun).

Tonight:
Treadmill
Chili
Zucchini bread baking
Research

10 comments:

  1. Good for you, braving the snow! Your necklace is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh.

    Please do not blow away. Or get frozen in a snow drift.

    I want your boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing you in just a t-shirt makes me want to get all "school nurse" on you and lecture you like I do all the middle school students who think a hoodie is a winter coat. But I won't. I love the bow in your hair and what a cute necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are pretty hardcore! I would be wearing at least three sweaters. ; ) I'm kind of envious of all the sweet jewellery people score at F21, it looks so much better than the H&M alternative.

    Good job by the way. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your hair blue bow and all :) and the Russian doll looks gorgeous with the red t.

    You're hardcore :) I live close to work so when the weather goes crazy I usually make it in anyway and chat with the other two people who made it until they shut down the building about half an hour later LOL I don't mind my employers being wimps though. I just wish it would snow so they could be wimps again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the heidi braids! my pics are similar today - so snowy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these photos and your Subaru comment!
    Maybe my Outback needs studded snow tires....

    ReplyDelete
  8. the bold shirt really pops and I love the blue bow in your hair. I must admit that I am one of the pansies that does not venture out in the snow but I am from Texas so that kind of driving scares the crap out of me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your braids are making me miss my hair! That's a style I didn't try before chopping it off...
    Love that 4th picture of you, pretty lady. You look like you're "up to something."

    Also, do you have an Ally McBeal DVD collection? That show was my FAVORITE!!!

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The details of the outfit definitely make it! The necklace is seriously cute and I love the little bow in your hair. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete