Wednesday, February 23, 2011

leaning toward the weekend

Photobucket

I am like the Leaning Tower of Pisa today because it was too cold to spend a long time adjusting my ancient tripod (seriously, it's made of wood, I got it at an antique shop) to hold my camera straight. Close enough, I say :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(cardigan: h&m; scarf/belt: bargain boutique; tunic: tjmaxx??; tights: vera wang for kohl's; shoes: seychelles; glasses: f21)

So, I know it's only Wednesday, but I have definitely been working for the weekend these past couple of days. I've been staying up long beyond midnight (not my norm on worknights) doing nothing in particular. Last night I was semi-productive and got five very rough pages of my pilot script down, which felt excellent, but after that I just kind of piddled around online until the wee hours. I have a very full weekend coming up, which I'm sort of excited and simultaneously sort of anxious about. I don't like feeling "locked in" to a plan, but my Saturday is almost entirely full of have-tos (which I do want to do, but it still feels like yet another obligation), so I'm trying to adjust my frame of reference. In addition, I was a bit worried that my bank account was going to go overthelimit because my gym auto-draft went through yesterday instead of the first of the month (when i assume i make an ass out of... well, just me), but my federal refund came through this morning and saved the day!

Annnnnnywayyyyyy those are the boringboringboring details of my life at the moment. Here are a few things I'm hoping to make happen this weekend:

*eat waffles*
*go to the movies*
*visit goodwill*
*watch sopranos*
*sing songs*
*play yahtzee*
*write five pages*
*start a new book*
*drink champagne...
...while watching the oscars*
*cheat sleep*

Here's to getting over the Hump!

13 comments:

  1. I realllly love this outfit. The colours are sooo great together. I want a yellow cardigan like that, your scarf is super cute too!!
    I'm having one of those weeks too, I leave for a week on saturday and just want this week to be done!!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shade of blue is so pretty with the bright yellow! I need to quick watch a few Oscar nominated movies before the Oscars this weekend! You look so cute in those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekly plan sounds pretty excellent... I'm going to see if I can track down an Oscar streaming somewhere, though I guess it'll be on at 4 in the morning or something here...

    Eat some waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the latter part of the week :) You look adorable head to toe. I love the layers and the mix of colours - just brilliant :) and those specs look super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the half-beehive you do! ive done if a few times but it gets a little saggy. :s any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  6. champion during the oscars is on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for hump day!!! And seriously you are too cute. I love the neutral blues and grey with the mustard yellow!!! Love Love!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an adorable outfit! i have the same cardigan, thanks for giving me a new idea on how to style it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect color combo--did you see the recent Sartorialist post on petrol blue + gold? You're on point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weekend sounds SO good. I desperately need a few real days off. These past couple of weekends just haven't been cutting it.

    And I love the outfit. Yellow and cornflower blue go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty pretty.
    I think the tilt gives the shots a bit of character.

    Sounds like you have a full weekend. I'm so excited about the Oscars. Can't wait can't wait can't wait.

    ReplyDelete