Tuesday, February 8, 2011

sandwich style: caprese panini

Photobucket

This is a panini is a classic. If you like caprese salad, you'll love this even more (because it includes bread). I also make a pizza version, which is equally divine (but I feel a little bit more gluttonous when I eat an entire pizza in one sitting...). I'll leave you with visual instructions because it's incredibly uncomplicated and there is no cooking involved.

You'll need:

bread
pesto
raw spinach
tomato
buffalo mozzarella
balsamic vinegar (or vinaigrette)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once your sandwich is assembled, grill on George Foreman until bread begins to brown and cheese is entirely melted. Then, feast!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it enough that I already crave mac & cheese every time I pop over here... now this too?? Though I just finished lunch an hour ago... you are KILLING me! I'm craving these paninis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously.....why must this have been posted as I sit here eating a cup of yogurt? With a baby spoon no less?

    Craving carbs and cheese...Stat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that brand of fresh mozz is my FAV! sooo delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm! Looks so yummy - buffalo mozzarella is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will 100% be making this... I wouldn't even have to go shopping just raid the shelves of my four resident Italians. ; D

    P.S. I agree, The Secret Garden film was incredibly bad (and the book was by the same author as A Little Princess. I don't gravitate towards the spooky side of Victorian lit so much though... both the girls I mentioned were more Anne of Green Gables types, spunky and imaginative, and struggling for some independence against controlling elders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love Caprese salad, never though to put it into a panini! The slice of cheese I have next to me is looking very inferior now...

    ReplyDelete