Monday, February 21, 2011

bloody monday

Photobucket

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays, and guess what? It's me. So Sweater Monday is back. I feel like this sweater is so infinitely unflattering on me, and I'm not sure why I insist on allowing it to creep like a sneaking thief into my life and steal my self-esteem. If I've learned anything through my experiences with blogging it is what works with my body type, and sweaters like this are not on the list. Bulky-yet-fitted, resistant to belting... but so cozy and warm like a big bowl of oatmeal! Okay, so that's why. Because wearing it is like floating in a bowl of steaming oatmeal (with brown sugar on top).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(chambray shirt: walmart; skirt/belt: bargain boutique; sweater/tights: tjmaxx; boots: seychelles)

I'm also rather down because I can't find my skinny dark brown braided belt, and I do have a bit of anxiety over the fact that I am wearing a light brown belt with dark brown boots. This is one of those fashion faux-pas that I can't quite embrace as acceptable.

I had a pretty good weekend, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the hell it went. Friday night I went to the gym and then crashed on the couch in my cozies, Saturday K and I ran a few errands (aka did laundry, my least favorite activity ever) and then my friend S came over for dinner and conversation. She and I moved to Portland (OR) a couple of years ago (where I met K) and I came back east a year later. She stayed a little longer, then traveled around Europe for a bit, moved home for a while, and is moving back to Portland in a couple of weeks. We made an amazing mushroom and asparagus risotto (yummmmm), drank some white wine, ate some tasty bread and stayed up late (by my standards) discussing life. I didn't wake up on Sunday until almost noon (!!!), K made cinnamon-and-chocolate-chip pancakes, and I spent the rest of the day watching movies about old Hollywood (or silents) and drinking tea. Sounds unproductive, but I call it research. :) It was too damn cold to do anything else. (Winter, we're not friends anymore. Please leave me alone. Thanks, Caitlin.)

12 comments:

  1. hey a sweater that feels like eating oatmeal is worth it!

    sounds like a relaxing weekend. I'm jealous of those pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how cozy that sweater looks! Its great layered over the other top and that skirt. I have a few sweaters that just look baaad on me but they're sooo comfortable I can't stop wearing them when it gets super cold!
    That sounds like an awesome weekend!! Tasty food!!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The great thing about blogging is it doesn't matter how it makes your body look, if you like it, it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bummer you had to work today..i would have had a case of the Mondays too if I had to go into work. your weekend sounds great as do cinnamon-and-chocolate-chip pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater defines the use of the word 'oatmeal' as a colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a nice weekend in my books; I love it when they're stay-at-home but not alone.

    I was having sweater week last week. I know what you mean about bulky sweaters though; my mom always bought me some every Christmas and I wouldn't wear them because they made me look like a fridge, yet would never get rid of them because they were so warm. I'm sure there are still boxes of the bastards at my parents' place. ; )

    Oh yeah, your old flat sounds horrendous. Mine was bad, but I think the worst place I ever stayed was with my ex-boyfriend in Glasgow. There was a mouldy lightbulb sitting on a plat in the microwave. How can that even happen? Drinking wine on the stoop sounds ok though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Sounds like you've lived in a fair few places yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good weekend, even if it was too short :) For the past few weeks I've been starting Monday mornings by asking my alarm clock if I can have another go at Sunday (pretty please). Must be a winter thing. I am all for handing that season its notice too :)

    I had no idea light brown and dark brown shoe/belt mix was a no-no :) Well, it looks lovely you rule breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, I'm glad my dinner inspired you! :)

    And bummer for Mondays, huh? I'm having a similar time. For the record, I think you've belted the sweater perfectly, and styled it in a way that makes it look totally chic and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you find your bracelet! I hate when I realize something is missing!
    And, I love how you've layered these great sweater tights with those socks and boots! (The sweater is also really cute - completely flattering, I think - with that belt!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the sweater looks super cute on you! I especially like it with the chunky socks peeking out of your boots -adeline

    fisherwillow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful outfit :)

    swatch international giveaway:
    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete