Wednesday, February 9, 2011

sunny days chasing the clouds away

Photobucket

My vintage Italian bowling shoes arrived in the mail yesterday, and I couldn't be more delighted! They are even more gloriously lovely in person than I could have dreamed--I almost didn't even want to wear them outside!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: goodwill; scarf: plato's closet; tights: hue; necklace: diy; glasses: forever21; shoes: lateornever via etsy)

This outfit is definitely more my style. Lately I've been in an incredible funk and I just haven't felt like getting dressed at all, but after scrambling around in an attempt to locate lost items yesterday morning (and facing my overly cluttered closet with a fistful of freshly laundered clothes), I went into an absolute organizational frenzy. Let it be said: I am not an organized person. In fact, K would tell you that I'm downright messy. When I get dressed in the morning, the reject items are tossed onto the bedroom floor. I have a tiny closet that holds all of my shoes (in a giant heap on the floor), all of my skirts and pants (piled on the shelf), all of my dresses and tee shirts and sweaters (on hangers), my scarves and belts (also threaded haphazardly onto hangers), random sewing project materials, all of my unused purses and bags, and all of my hats (piled on top of my pants). Not a pretty sight. However, when I am inspired to organize, I organize. And I have to do it right now (even if it's 11 o'clock at night). I put my dresses, blouses, cardigans and sweaters in order of "type" and color, carefully folded all of my skirts and pants, threw away a few pairs of shoes and boots that were looking worse for wear (I never throw anything away!), carefully sorted my sewing materials and began to hang my hats on the wall. Until K told me to stop hammering in the middle of the night.

And the result? A clean closet, a clear head, an outfit that I actually like, and on top of it all: a beautifully sunny day! Wa-hoo :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad your clean closet cleared your head, because this outfit is fantastic! The shoes just make everything perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to be one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking mighty adorable, chica! Love this! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shoes! I love all of the textures in your outfit!
    http://haveyoueverfalleninlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that you've worn your shoes outside you can't wear them bowling silly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes look fantastic! Great stuff about taming your closet. It sounds a bit like mine :) - and I am a midnight tidier too. Only I had to quit on the hammering - the neighbours get shouty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is adorable and I love the shoes! My friend Brandon bought a vintage bowling bag to use as his work bag and gave me the shoes inside because they were my size! They're dark brown suede but they like shed? tiny suede bits ALL OVER my socks every time I wear them! I need to figure something out so I can wear them because yours look so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your shoes are incredible, very unique and cool. I am more of a neat freak so if I take something out of my wardrobe and decide not to wear it then I have to hang it back up...crazy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's definitely a Caitlin outfit! And the shoes are amazing!

    I'm also a complete mess. Luckily, living in third world countries (and now on my own) for the last few years I've been able to have extra bedrooms and therefore extra closets and beds to pile things on, but I don't know what I'll do should Albs and I be forced to coexist in a normal living arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving how you've pulled all these wonderful individual pieces together to make a cohesive outfit. Each part (that necklace!!! your glasses!! your shoes!) is lovely on its own but when assembled you've got greatness.

    ReplyDelete