Thursday, February 10, 2011

the overall effect

Photobucket

When I bought these plush overalls the pants were long and loose and the straps were far too long for my short torso. I thought it would make a great little jumper with a few minor adjustments, so I hemmed the pant legs into shorts and moved the buttons on the straps to suit a petite person. Voila!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(overalls/blouse: bargain boutique; tights: tjmaxx; shoes: payless; bowtie: diy)

I do like this look, even if it is a bit French mime-meets-English Butler-meets-Court Jester. I prefer to think of it as Coco Chanel-meets-Alexa Chung-meets-Annie Hall :) I kind of felt strange wearing this to work, which is why it took so long for me to do it (I fixed the overalls a couple of weeks ago), along with the fact that I knew K would make fun of me. And make fun he did, but I poo-pooed that. Thanks to Nicole for doing it first and making me feel a little bit less scared :)

10 comments:

  1. Your outfit is simply awesome! Love the look, and love your tights and shoes!
    Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you worked some serious magic - awesome fit :) The bow is just perfect too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cute! I love the dungarees, bow tie and white shirt! :) what material are the dungarees made out of?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so adorable here - the overalls and the bow around your collar are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gracious, you look adorable. Definitely channeling the Annie Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! These overalls are so cute! They look so perfect with the patterned tights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job sewing this little jumper, it looks great. and the tights add the perfect touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so happy you jumped on the overall bandwagon! And let me just say, you are rocking those overalls! I really like how you styled yours, and I love your bow tie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Coco meets Alexa meets Annie thing actually makes a good deal of sense to me....I think this is fab on you bravo for seeing past a pair of blase overalls!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Good job on the alterations! I love it and those tights - me wants them!! But all that snow - brrrr!!!
    www.fashnlvr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete