Wednesday, February 16, 2011

give me something that's not cold

Photobucket

So, what the hell happened here? It was springlike on Monday, then plummeted back to Arctic temps overnight. Yesterday morning I had to drop my car off for a long-overdue oil change and rear brake installation, which meant that I had to walk from the garage to my office. Holy Moses, it was cold. I started to feel very melodramatic, like I might actually curl up on the sidewalk and freeze to death without a fight. It didn't help that I saw both of my parents drive by without so much as a tap on the brakes (my mother made it up to me later by unexpectedly taking me to lunch). Anyway, today the subzero suffering continues--the biggest problem is the wind. Like I said, Holy Moses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(shirt: goodwill; jumper: etsy; tights/socks: tjmaxx; shoes: seychelles; belt: bargain boutique; necklace: diy)

So (kind of ) funny story about this shirt: I found a secondhand version of this cute little powder-blue-peterpan-collar-polka-dot-and-ruffle blouse at Plato's Closet while laundering my clothes one day. It was a little bit too big, so I reluctantly put it back (I can handle a little too big for $2, but $7 is pushing it... I'm such a cheapskate). However, I did see another one on the racks and vowed to try it on the next time I visited PC (laundry was done, I was lazy). I never went back, but I kept daydreaming of this blouse and its perfection. Imagine my surprise when I found the same shirt at Goodwill a month later! Who is giving these shirts away?? I am amazed! It's completely perfect in every way, except that the front could use a bit of an iron (the spaces between buttons have curled under a little). I temporarily solved that problem by layering it underneath this jumper, but I can't wait to style it up again and again when spring actually comes to call.

11 comments:

  1. I HAD THAT SHIRT IN COLLEGE!!! Haha, I think I also bought it in Plato's Closet. I'm melting with jealousy over how good your tights+socks look. For some reason I can never get it right. Your whole outfit is wonderful.
    Have I ever mentioned that you have amazing hair?? you do. its truee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this!!!!! such a pretty combination. i do that all the time, put a blouse underneath something that because i don't want to iron it. it's genius. but yeah, totally loving this on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the OTK socks and it is a really cute shirt! I totally need to make one of those penny necklaces (or one from all the smashed pennies I have laying around because I'm constantly putting them on the railroad tracks!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that dress on you. I think it was literally made for you specifically. Too perfect. And I can't wait to see that adorable blouse with some springtime ensembles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome find and found again! :)
    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly great outfit, it has so many fun details and still looks very coherent! Love your necklace.
    I have a link up every Wednesday (today) for anyone who wore jewelry with an outfit, want to link up to it?
    jewelscapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely gorgeous outfit, it is perfect in every way. I love the colours, textures, and the subtle polka dots! Also heart the tan shoes + belt, you look gorgeous. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this outift, so great with the socks. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the thigh highs over the tights, its a great look. we had a spring tease as well, mother nature can be so cruel

    ReplyDelete
  10. That top is sooo cute, I am sometimes amazed at the stuff people give away to goodwill! It's ridiculous. I love the dress overtop, and the socks! So great!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  11. duuuude! sorry your temps have dropped so low once again!!!! its warmed up here, but i know better than to get excited for spring this early.

    HELL to the YEAH on that top! it all works out! :)

    ReplyDelete