Wednesday, October 5, 2011

in which i wear a short skirt and long jacket

Photobucket

For some reason I always feel the need to wear this blazer with a supershort skirt--probably to counterbalance the length of the blazer itself. This is another coat that I stole from my mother. Blazers were where it all began for me. I very clearly remember going home for school break (Thanksgiving? Christmas?) one year and digging through the cedar chest, looking for something classy to wear (since blazers were everywhere that year). This was my very first foray into vintage, and I rarely took it off between sophomore and senior year. It was part of a set with this skirt (which came much later in my life, right around blog-time). This blazer was stolen around that same time, and is equally awesome (though perhaps not quite as versatile).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(blazer: vintage; dress: tjmaxx; boots: seychelles)

I'd like to go for a walk on a country road somewhere, so I can really take a moment to appreciate the foliage. I've been walking during my lunch break lately, just for a little change of scenery/some semblance of exercise, but it's not the same--I always feel rushed. This weekend is shaping up to be pretty busy, but the weather is supposed to be fine (perfect for apple picking!). I will probably be going out to a party at my parent's house on Saturday, so maybe I'll fit a woodland stroll in there somewhere.

Anyway... this day. Hope you're having a good one!

10 comments:

  1. This is so chic, I love the blazer and the plaid dress with it! You have the perfect legs for such a short skirt, it looks really cute with the booties and socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove the long blazer with the short plaid dress, such a wonderful combination!! Great look with those booties :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blazer with the little plaid dress. I have a love for blazers too - I have so many thrifted, oversized, wool ones I don't even know what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blazers are the best. Love this one with the plaid.
    I have a longer one too, I can never quite figure out what to wear it with. I may have to borrow more ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very English countryside, I like it. I also love me some Cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this gorgeous look and your hair is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do I begin?
    The plaid, the tweed, the long, the short...it all adds up to fantastically chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a perfect blazer! I'm going to copy this outfit this weekend as long as the weather stays autumn-y!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that jacket! I spent much of university wearing one that my mom got married in, which always reminds me of some of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blazer! Your mother obviously has awesome taste :) Hope you get that walk this weekend.

    ReplyDelete