Monday, October 24, 2011

in which look mr mojo i'm a coffee pot

Photobucket

I love coffee, I love tea
I love the java jive and it loves me!
Coffee and tea and the jivin' and me,
A cup-a cup-a cup-a cup-a cup, yeah!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



(sweater: cedar chest; skirt/hat/belt: thrifted; shoes: seychelles)

... yeah.

I think this outfit has a great coffee&cream vibe going on. I had almost entirely forgotten about this sweater (which I stole from my parents' cedar chest long ago), but when I was puzzling over what to pair with this lovely pleated skirt, it immediately sprang to mind. I think this skirt is so pretty--just another Goodwill gem!

I had... quite a weekend. The kind of weekend that I kind of hope doesn't happen again for... ever. But that's enough of that. It's officially my birthday week (and Halloween is just around the corner)! I must admit, now that's it is starting to get reallllly cold at night (and snow is in the forecast), I'm getting excited for the holiday season. Since K will be away for Christmas and New Years again this year (visiting the family out in Washington), I'm going to have to get an early start on the celebratory spirit! But I'm getting ahead of myself... perhaps for now I should focus on getting that pumpkin carved. I live way too much in the future, and it's been quite detrimental to my mental health lately. I need to learn to be more present. Perhaps that will be one of my 26 goals for this new year...

10 comments:

  1. i love coffee too! and oh, the skirt and shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm coffee, those are the right words first thing in the morning. I love this pleated skirt, it's such a pretty cream colour too. Ah sorry about your weekend, at least you have your birthday to look forward to!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. 26 goals for the next year?
    I love your coffee and cream outfit. You look gorgeous! I'm a big fan of coffee, as well. When's your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birthday must be near mine and the same age, so happy birthday month. Good find with the jumper(sweater) it looks great with the lightness of the skirt. I always enjoy your autumn outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sweater! Happy Birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute. I love the colours and those oxfords! Ah! I must remember to wish you a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute and cozy looking fall sweater! I like how you wore the straw hat with this outfit too =) And the leaves look gorgeous, wow! Someday I will visit New England in the fall, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit, the colours so so beautifully and you've gotta love a cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit does remind me of coffee a bit! It's so cute with the sweater and pretty skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed this outfit... but it's pretty much a favourite!

    ReplyDelete