Friday, October 21, 2011

in which this is a wild wind

Photobucket

'Twas a blustery day today--it won't be long before the trees are bare.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(dress: h&m; shoes: lulu*s; scarf/belt: thrifted; necklace: gift)

I sort of love the combination of mustard yellow and various shades of gray (and of course, my trusty loafers). I would literally wear this dress every day if I could get away with it. It's so floaty and fun and has a great vintage feel.

So, so glad it's the weekend. I've had a pretty productive week, which makes me feel better about my life [:)], but that doesn't mean I don't treasure the prospect of lazy days ahead! I'm hoping to make a Goodwill run tonight or tomorrow, since the clothes in my closet are pretty bored with each other and have been clamoring for some new friends! I hope you all have wonderful weekends and take advantage of these autumn days before the falling leaves become flurries of snow (maybe that threat is nearer for me than most of you... but still!).

PS: I will be 26 years old in exactly one week... crazy!

13 comments:

  1. Adorable outfit! I too am a huge fan of mustard yellow!

    Xo Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh this look is absolutely wonderful, I love the mustard and grey and brown!! Such great combinations, this dress is such a versatile piece
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic colors! I am so in love with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is such a great basic! loving the whole look

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely color combo. if it wasnt for the tights you would blend in perfect with the pretty leaves. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors. Gorgeous, I say! Those sleeves are something special, too :)

    You have a great collection of scarves. Oh, and for a split second this afternoon I thought I saw snow flurries, but turns out it was only ash from someone's chimney. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you're doing a wonderful job of matching the leaves while they remain. I love that dress vicariously through you. It's finally gotten chilly here, and I am rather loving the onset of fall, though it's nowhere near as colourful as yours in Vermont..

    Congrats on a productive week; I wish I could say the same...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mustard dress is fantastic! I just love the color and the cute little shape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this dress....i don't think you could get a more perfect colour for autumn :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope you have a great b-day and Omg you look so young, u do not look 26,,, u are gorgeous and I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that dress! and you match so well with the fallen leaves... how i wish the weather here is so much like how it seems there..

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so great in this yellow ... no, mustard coloured dress.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect Fall outfit, you match the leaves!! You look absolutely gorgeous :)

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete