Monday, March 21, 2011

vintage printed pants

I found and fell for these pretty floral pants, which have since sold on kennedyholmes. It's probably for the best because I am supposed to be saving my moneys, but I am still in love with them (if you happened to purchase them, send along a photo so I can see how you styled them for spring/summer!). Anyway, my wheels started turning and I did a little search for floral/printed pants on etsy for the upcoming season. Since the seventies revival is in full swing, now is as good a time as any to pick up a pair of high-waisted long-legs!




(DollyrockerVintage/vintagehillbillies)

I'm still skeptical that I will ever be able to pull off a pair of high-waisted pants (because I have tried and failed in the past), but I will openly advocate for the style! What do you think? A little too wild? Perfectly seasonal with a basic white blouse or tee?

3 comments:

  1. Anything floral is OK in my book! I adore 70s pants and have been trying to find high-waisted wide-leg jeans for years! But in my town and with my body type? Wish me luck. Anyway, I think you should go for it, it's a groovy look;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hrm, I think they look best a bit gathered at the ankle, like that second picture. I'm going to let you rock it and make my own judgements accordingly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like any that have faded flowers, like the first pair or the very last. They seem so comfy but still pretty.

    ReplyDelete