Tuesday, January 18, 2011

polka dots and productivity

I hereby dub this "productivity week." Last night I did the dishes, went grocery shopping, made a delicious sandwich (and enough veggies to last through the week), and finished three pending hem projects that have been sitting in the back of my closet for weeks now.

(polkadot blouse/belt: bargain boutique; cardigan: h&m; skirt: vintage; tights: hue; shoes: seychelles)

There is so much that I want to do with my life that I sometimes get overwhelmed (okay, I always get overwhelmed) and do none of it. Well I'm having none of that anymore. I want to spend my time alternating between writing and sewing, and maybe getting a little something accomplished once and a while! I have about four million projects on the back burner/in progress, so my biggest problem is organization... luckily for me, I love making to-do lists! :)

Tonight I'm taking K out to dinner to celebrate his first day back at school since finishing undergrad three and a half years ago. That makes me feel a little old.

16 comments:

  1. Great outfit! I really love the colors and the polka dots.
    Best of luck with your to-do lists. Mine seem to be never ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me really want to get a mustard colored cardigan. and be productive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great pop of yellow in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The diamond weave of that sweater is so cute and I love it with the polka dots! I am the same way - my sewing pile is a behemoth and I just need to slowing do like one thing a day rather than thinking one day I'll have time to sit and do a bunch at once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am the same way! i feel like i have a million this to do/that i want to do, and i just get overwhelmed and do nothing. good for you! sounds like you got to scratch a lot off your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always a fan of the mustard

    and props to you for pursuing your goals. I'm still not entirely sure what mine are, but I know I let the big picture sometimes overwhelm what I want to do on a day to day basis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful look. I love this yellow and how much it stands out against the snow. I love your skirt and belt as well.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit!
    I'm constantly writing to-do lists, it sucks :/
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen sister!
    I blame TV and internet for distracting me. Seems like every week I find a new blog to obsess over and can't do anything productive. Another thing is reading. I LOVE reading and I think it's a great hobby(is it a hobby?) but wehn I'm so into a book that all I want to do is read every waking minute... not much else gets done. Hopefully 2011 will be a great year for both of us and we'll get lots done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean! Sometimes the sheer volume of what i need to do just gets on top of me so I end up browsing the internet instead... Good luck with the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've totally been feeling the same way lately. Just overwhelmed by the amount of things I want to do but seem to never do. I admire your determination!
    And I love your sweater. Such a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's to a productive, and non time-wasting, 2011! And three and a half years is nothing. I started my masters this year, a full five years after graduating. I guess I've been having a bit too much fun!

    Love the polka dots with the yellow, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I kinda love "to do" lists too. I started out the day being super productive and then it hit the skids around lunch time. Hopefully tomorrow will be more betterer.

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great look! I didn't realize at first that you had both black and brown together because it works so well. Props!

    Anna

    http://sparkplugminuet.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best and most productive weeks are always filled with delicious sandwiches. Glad you got yours. :)

    And this outfit? Pure love. The yellow is too lovely!

    ReplyDelete