Thursday, January 6, 2011

once more with patterns

Okay, you guys, I promise that this is the last time you will see this hat on my head. This week, at least. It has not fused with my hair and become part of my body--yet. I just never want to take it off. Also, the lighting is pretty weird in these photos and makes me look slightly jaundiced, so please disregard. This outfit came about because I wanted to wear my new H&M tights and I wanted to get a little crazy with patterns while remaining relatively neutral. Success?

(striped dress/hat: h&m; herringbone jumper: bargain boutique; belt: goodwill; scarf: plato's closet; necklace/socks: gift; sweater: stolen from parents; boots: seychelles)

I'm not sure why I have a evil devil look in my eye in all of these photos--probably because I was trying not to squint into the sun (I squint so badly it's practically a handicap). Or maybe I'm just a vampire. I hear vampires are cool these days.

Speaking of devil death stares, last night I went to see Black Swan with a couple of gal pals. More on that in a minute...

10 comments:

  1. 1st off, you did such an amazing job with the pattern mixing here. Love your socks to death.
    2nd, you should probably never take that hat off your head. its amazing.
    3rd---i wicked loved black swan. i'm curious to hear your opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many clothes! I love it. You do such a great job with pattern mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look phenomenal. i mean, you always do but this outfit is SO great!! i'm probably a little biased towards it as i'm from canada so i love a good 'cold' look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please DO NOT put that hat away! I love love love it so much even if you put it in every post for the rest of winter! It makes every outfit stand out:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great outfit!!!!

    http://ilfilodiperlevintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome socks!

    I am definitely curious as to your thoughts on Black Swan...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the pattern mixing really works, despite there being A LOT of patterns here. I think the very neutral colour scheme ties it all together.

    And don't put the hat away! I'm really enjoying its presence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love entire look, great layering, I'm fan of every nice sock, overknees, tights etc.

    hugs!
    Watching the waves

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost bought those tights the other day. I still might because now they're haunting me. How do you like them? Do they feel like they'd hold up for more than one fall/winter season? And I've been in love with how you wear those cozy socks with your Seychelles boots. Uh-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are, unequivocally, my socks inspiration for this winter. I think you have perfectly pulled off patterned success with this outfit; one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete