Thursday, January 20, 2011

negative exposure

There has been a serious kink in my week--not sure what it is, but I have yet to make it through a single day without some sort of mind-is-elsewhere-induced disaster. I almost didn't take blog photos this morning (even though I didn't yesterday, either!) because I'm so discombobulated. But I did! Whew! I've just come to the point where I am really working for the weekend--I spend my days dreaming about the projects I am (when free) working on and it makes me a little less present.

(jumper: bargain boutique; tunic: tjmaxx; hat: vintage; belt: goodwill; tights: hue; shoes: seychelles; glasses: f21)

I rather like this outfit. I was having a really hard time deciding what to wear with this jumper, which I bought at Bargain Boutique a few weeks ago and finally hemmed on Monday night (it was about six inches longer... what a strange length for a jumper!). I have a really hard time wearing black and white, I think because they're too sharp, too clean, or too unnatural. I like warmer colors like navy and brown and green. Anyway, I decided to doubleup the plaid to add a bit of interest--I like how the tunic looks like a negative of the jumper--and create warmth with brown accessories in leather and fur.

7 comments:

  1. oh i have plenty of those days where i am just not feeling all there. and only when i force myself to get things done can i get out of it. so glad you took these photos this morning because i love this mix of plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a really hard time with black and white, too. They just seem so..harsh! But this is fantastic. I think the mixed plaids is really lovely.

    And I'm sorry you're having a discombobulated week. Here's to a more relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually for black and white either, but I think the hat and belt warm these up enormously! And I'm liking that jumper... I've been poking around on Etsy for something similar (and cheap, and already shortened) ; )

    My MA is in Urban Studies, which is about anything urban, basically. At the moment I'm taking courses in climate change, global migration, sociology, Victorian cities, the creative city movement, and I've probably forgotten some because I'm sitting in on loads more classes than I'm registered for. I wanted an MA in something interesting, but still a bit practical, which hopefully this will be. ; p
    And one for you: what's your job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shirt is the perfect thing to wear with the jumper! I agree about stark black and white only, it needs some warm tones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fear not, the weekend is almost here! the tunic DOES look like a negative of the jumper - i love it! its unexpected and keeps it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I love this outfit! The mix-matched plaid is amazing!

    ReplyDelete