Monday, October 8, 2012

over the weekend: shelburne orchards!

Photobucket

This weekend, K and I kicked off our October with brunch at Toscano and apple picking at Shelburne Orchards (it's tradition: 2009, 20102011)!  It was a pretty cloudy day, but perfect for hot cider!  I'm impressed that we have kept up our tradition year after year.  Fall (and October especially) is such a happy time for me for so many reasons.  Not only is it incredibly beautiful in Vermont this time of year, but I was born in this month (pretty important), and K and I officially got together in October (five years ago, as part of our first date, he took me to a haunted corn maze).  Plus, October is the month of lots of fun size candy.  Which really is fun :)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! And these apples look truly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maize maze:) This reminds me of my childhood hometown! I grew up in a little town in Northern Cali and we went to this grand and magical place every year called Apple Hill:) Fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog. This sounds so fun! YUM! I love apples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun! I love the little donut in the last picture

    ReplyDelete