Thursday, October 18, 2012

in which this one's for the foliage

Photobucket

I had a dream last night that I went to my usual blog photo spot and was thwarted by intruders.  It's really unhelpful how often that happens in real life... and sure enough, today when I drove by my little parking lot there was a guy in a truck talking on his cell phone.  Boo hiss.  Anyway, this is my backup location.   I really need a private yard.  Or better yet, several acres of land and a lake.  (Oh, and please ignore the tripod shadow--I am ill-equipped to handle an unexpected sunlight situation at my backup location.)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Picture014two Photobucket Photobucket
(dress/skirt/belt: thrifted; tights: gift; boots: seychelles)

I am in love with these tights but there are holes in the toes already.  I'm having a bit of a tights crisis this season--I desperately need a pair of basic opaque brown and sheer black, and I have plenty of brightly-colored pairs that feel a little bit too cartoonish for me these days, with my newfound love for classic simplicity.  But polka dots are always awesome.

It's getting to be that time of year when the foliage slowly gives way to barrenness after so many blustery days.  So I thought I'd wear some leaves on my sleeves today :)  One more until the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love these tights too, all my tights end up with holes in the toes. The right foot alllways
    This floral top is so perfect with the wool skirt, such a great combination for fall!! I hate when people are lurking in my photo spots, makes things awkward
    xJennad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep! I want those tights! gorgeous. You look lovely :) Its been so long since I have come to your blog but now that I am back in the blogging world I am excited to see more posts from you. Hope you're well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brown tights are awesome, I had trouble finding some over winter too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pattern combination works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tights! & love all the different patterns & color palette :)
    Oh, My

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hattitude Style Blog

    oh i really like this outfit caitlin! super nice. love this skirt. i really need a nice warm pencil skirt!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the top! I honestly think you can never go wrong with oversized floral prints... E tends to help me reign in my desire to purchase too many of those fabrics... I think I might just splurge though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog post titles remind me of Friends: "The one where..."

    ReplyDelete