Thursday, October 11, 2012

in which this jacket = autumn

Photobucket

This jacket is quintessentially fall.  And that's really the only season it works for.  But I sure love to wear the heck out of it from September through Thanksgiving!

Photobucket Photobucket Picture1055two Photobucket Picture1058two Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(dress/scarf/hat/belt: thrifted; blazer: delia*s via plato's closet; shoes: lulu*s)

This blazer is from dELiA*s, and I'm probably going to age myself big time, but dELiA*s will always be linked in my mind to middle school, when I actually started caring about clothes and being cool and would pore over catalogs for dELiA*s and ALLOY I received in the mail.  I'm going to have to pull out some of the ridiculously dorky pictures of me from that era.  I am approaching my "scary age," after all.  It might be a good idea to look back at what a silly girl I was to demonstrate that aging can be a blessing :) That's where it all began...  It's funny, I work in the publishing industry and I know what a hard time catalogs are having because of the internet.  Secretly, I kind of miss them!  You can't really shop a Look Book the way you once could...  I'm just so over the internet lately (except for Netflix Instant Watch... that will never get old. My latest obsession is Alias :).

I will now abruptly end this post because I have nothing more to say.

4 comments:

  1. This jacket is my absolute favourite from your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing jacket, definitely screams out fall!! I love it print mixed with that checked dress :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesss, I remember Delia's and Alloy!! I used to order stuff BY MAIL through them. Oh man, memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still get those Delia's catalogs :) I havent ordered from them in years but they keep sending them and I keep looking through them secretly wishing I could pull off some of their younger styles. I much prefer catalogs as opposed to the internet. I wish more companies would start sending them out again. That was a really long comment about catalogs. I'm gonna end this by saying that I really like your jacket and hope you wear the heck out of it till Christmas (or longer)

    ReplyDelete