Tuesday, August 10, 2010

thoughts on fall

(Dear Creatures F/W 2010)

I absolutely love the Dear Creatures Fall/Winter 2010 collection. What I do not love is how my addiction to shoes continues to cripple my cash flow. I'll certainly be adding a classic black Mary Jane to my wish list this autumn (although probably with a heel), and a nice matte red lip will coordinate nicely with my heather grey nails.

I'm also quite enamored of Orla Kiely's collection this fall, though I think some of the pattern mixing in the lookbook distracts and doesn't particularly inspire me. I am partial to the more neutral pieces in navy, black and grey and the delicate balance between classic and contemporary cuts is absolutely spot-on.

(Orla Kiely, A/W 2010)

However, I am still quite smitten with the 2009 fall collection... those patterned tights are to kill for! (If anyone knows where I can buy them, I promise I will spare you...)

(Orla Kiely, A/W 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment