Thursday, August 12, 2010

a floral frolic

I can't believe August is already almost over! I know I've been dreaming of autumn leaves lately, but once I get past the pull of pumpkin spice lattes and the prospect of apple picking, I realize that after autumn comes winter... my least favorite season, which lasts for far too long in these parts. So I dedicate this outfit to the pleasure of a sunny summer day.

I guess the reason I can't fully appreciate summer is that it's not the same as it once was (when I had such a thing as "summer vacation"). It would be lovely if I could actually enjoy the sun and the sweltering heat, but I'm stuck an air-conditioned office five days a week! Even when I do get a chance to wander around (on my lunch break), I just sweat into my bobbysocks. Balderdash.

I haven't even gone swimming in a lake yet this year! I hope that summer extends a little bit into September, for that reason alone! My August weekends are already booked solid!

(romper: TJMaxx; floral shirt: Bargain Boutique; hat: thrifted; shoes: Seychelles; glass beads: Grammy Flood)

Sláinte, summer. I'll miss you when you're gone.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe August is almost over either! I have to go back to school for what's going to be my busiest year yet (I'm a college senior!) and I am NOT looking forward to it...

    I feel the exact same way about autumn and winter. I LOVE autumn. It's my favorite season, but I hate that it leads to winter. I hate the cold and driving in snow sucks. :\

    ReplyDelete