Tuesday, August 24, 2010

j. crew and the beanstalk

Last fall, I saw this J. Crew ad, which kind of changed my life (in a superficial sort of way):

It was because of this ad that I bought a pair of grey skinny jeans and exclaimed with glee when I found this ruffled blouse at the Bargain Boutique. I already had this grey blazer for professional purposes, and I bought some gold buttons to rework it into something a little more casual and less corporate, but never got around to it.

Oh well, it still works! One year later, here is my half-hearted interpretation of that stellar J. Crew style:

(blazer: Macy's; blouse: Bargain Boutique; jeans: PacSun; shoes: Seychelles)

As you may have noticed, my photos have defaulted to the back alley once again. I was overcome with stress while trying to set up photo shoots this weekend and just threw up my arms about the whole thing. I hope you will bear with me, even if my background isn't terribly exciting. One thing that is pretty exciting: the little beanstalk growing behind me! (Okay, not a real beanstalk, just a tallish plant. But still.)

2 comments:

  1. the alley goes with they gray outfit. i only ever wear ruffle shirts with blazers. i'm not sure why, maybe it tones them down? i think the gold buttons would really bring out the shirt more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh I love this!
    I may have to go buy all these items too haha.
    p.s. you're perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdy!

    ReplyDelete