Tuesday, March 20, 2012

in which i've got the mediterranean on my mind

Photobucket

The weather is supposed to be positively summery all week. I am delighted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(skirt/shirt: thrifted; trench: h&m; shoes: seychelles)

As you can see, I have officially switched coats--the first sartorial sign of spring (well, and bare legs, but sometimes those happen in the middle of the winter, so they don't really count)! I love this trench, even though the buckle broke off the belt. Instant classic.

Speaking of classic, on Sunday I was incredibly exhausted. I could hardly read my book without drifting into Nod after every other page, so there wasn't much to do but be lazy (plus K was off on his first fishing adventure of the season). That evening I watched "And God Created Woman" with Brigitte Bardot, and totally loved it. Now all I want to watch are foreign films from the 'fifties and 'sixties, preferably set in pretty seaside locales (where I want to be):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy First Day of Spring!

8 comments:

  1. lovely outfit, you look adorable!

    helen @ http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's my trenchcoat... although I never do the buckle up anyway. Meanwhile, I'm living near the scenery your want, but I think it's about to start with a month of storms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bare legs feel so amazing in the spring. I've never seen 'And God Created Women' but those screen shots are kind of amazing I'll have to look it up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute blouse and stunning coat too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same with the coat switch, once the winter coat is away it's officially spring. I have a very similar trench in green from H&M. The film stills are great, I need that chambray dress in the final picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to watch me some of these old movies, they're wonderful. I love your jacket and am SO jealous of your summery weather, rock those bare legs and enjoy the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy spring! I still haven't seen that movie, but it's on my to-watch list if I ever come upon the opportunity!
    Also, the color of your blouse is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete