Monday, November 28, 2011

in which winter is fickle

Photobucket

I had planned on wearing this outfit in the wintry snowglobe that was last week, but the temperatures rose shortly after our Thanksgiving snowfall and everything melted! And it's raining (boo). Oh well, I had a rough morning and my brain wasn't cooperating, so I couldn't rethink my Sweater(vest) Monday. Going back to work after a four-day weekend is a treat, let me tell you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(sweatervest: thrifted; hat: h&m; dress: old navy; boots: seychelles)


Housesitting was marvelous. I cooked, K made fires, we walked in the woods and watched the first Christmas movies of the season... it was wonderfully relaxing:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last night the gals and I met for Art Club and now I have a wine headache that won't go away... but it was worth it, as always! :) Tonight I'm going to hit the gym, make chili, and get cozy. I need to get some writing done this week, but it seems like there is so much going on! Maybe I'll pound out some pages this evening, if I'm feeling it...

11 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit!
    Love the last picture, so cute!
    I want snow so bad! It doesn't feel like Christmas time without snow..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! That vest is wonderful :)
    And it sounds like you had a nice, cozy time house-sitting!
    I need to write this week (today) as well, Literally, need. I've got a 10 pg. poetry manuscript due Thursday, but I've only got about 8 pages from this semester. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love the festive sweater vest over the striped dress and can imagine it would have looked so wonderful against the snowy background. Why doesn't the weather always do what we want? Sounds like you had a great weekend :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm a four day weekend sounds good! I like the cosy sweater vest with the striped dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! I love the vest! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I love this sweater vest. It's so wintery! What a big change from bright white...
    It's been raining here non stop and were supposed to get a TON of rain over the next couple of days.
    I really love your furry hat! It looks so warm and cute. I also like your hair, today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you say ADORABLE?
    Love love love the stripes with that vest and that hat!!!
    This is now one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw the title of this post and was like 'Oh no! All of her beautiful snow must be gone!' This outfit is still lovely though, I'm digging this hat & the vest over the mini dress look it's really cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely blog you have, and the outfit's adorable! Glad I found my way over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your outfits make me smile!! Yours is one of my favorite fashion blogs.

    also, nice snow pictures!

    -A.B

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful photos and gorgeous outfit

    ReplyDelete