Friday, November 13, 2009

in anticipation of snow

You guys! I'm really excited that I discovered this new lighting trick:


My photos have always had a hazy look to them because the sun isn't exactly bright&shining on a November morning, and I always have to take them before I go to work.


I'm not exactly what one would call "tech-savvy." In fact, I have a tendency to break and/or freeze up computers, DVD players, and other technologically advanced objects upon contact. I like to think it's because I'm so magnetic, but that's really just a euphemism for impatient and clumsy.


Anyway, the point of all that because of this blog I am two-stepping into the twenty-first century! So that's cool. And I'm slowly figuring out ways to improve, which, if you've been reading from the very beginning (when I couldn't even figure out how to make my photos the same size) you get to experience with me!


Now, on to more important things like my new wool jumper! I'm extra excited about this, even though it's not exaaaaactly what I thought it would be (it's pretty lightweight, I thought it would be a little bit thicker) because I've been wanting a jumper like it for ages!


I found it while prowling around etsy to keep myself entertained while K was prowling around eBay. It's so incredibly versatile, I can't wait to wear it again and again in a dozen different ways. I'm not sure why all of a sudden I want to accessorize with cream and white, but here we go again:


The scarf is vintage. I picked it up at the same antique store that I bought the old-lady scarf at. It's got a nice paisley pattern that you can't see as much as I would like when I actually wear it:

The tights look a little white-washed in the shots above, so here's a close-up. They're the same floral pattern as the black lace tights I wore here.

This is my beautiful, beloved straw purse. You've met before:

And ZOOM:

This fabulous antique bracelet was a gift from K last Christmas. Please pardon the fact that it is upside-down... I like to wear it so that I can see the darling Dutch landscape.


Holy happiness, it is Friday!

(vintage jumper: United Colors of Benetton via VintageStore123 on etsy; cardigan: Old Navy; shirt & necklace: UO; tights: TJMaxx; shoes: Madden Girl; scarf & purse & bracelet: vintage)

1 comment:

  1. Once again an adorable outfit!! I love this jumper with the white lace tights and your shoes are way awesome.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend my dear!

    xoxo
    Amy

    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete