Monday, November 9, 2009

failure: copy-cat couture

I'm just going to come right out and say it: I am not 100% fond of the way this look turned out. In fact, I wouldn't even say I'm 65% fond of it - and that constitutes a failing grade.

I've been inspired by the fabulous plaid-clash menswear looks that the lovely Katy over at Kansas Couture creatively compiles, especially this one:

Needless to say, just because we both have bangs does not mean that we are both equally menswear-enabled. I do blame the pants, mostly. It might help if I owned an iron (!) but it's also Monday morning so I probably wouldn't have bothered. I did end up ditching the hat because they're not allowed in the office (not even cute slouchy knit ones!), but at least I can say I was pretty adventurous at this early stage in the week.

I bought the scarf this weekend at an Antique shop in Stowe and it still smells like Old Lady.

I had originally intended to wear the top half of this outfit over a brown maxidress, but felt it was little too "strange" for the office. I don't want people to start wondering if I'm homeless.


Anyway, what good are we if we can't laugh at ourselves and acknowledge unfortunate fashion choices?


(I get the feeling I'm coming across as feeling much more strongly about this than I really do... the get-up isn't that God-awful. I just live to avoid the near-miss, you know? It has potential, I just didn't have enough time to put a whole lot of thought into it this AM)


(scarf: vintage; plaid blazer: vintage (grandmother's); sweater: TJMaxx; hat: UO; boots: ALDO; pants: Maurice's)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, I think you look really adorable and I really like those pants. They look so comfy; yet so stylish! Personally, I think you did a great job channeling Katy's look. :)

    xoxo
    Amy

    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete