Monday, September 27, 2010

the theatre, the theatre, what happened to the theatre??

So, I had a pretty lazy weekend (what else is new??). When you're broke you've got to make do :) On Saturday, K and I had intended to go thrifting, but we unexpectedly had to replace our busted DVD player so funds were a little low. We were just driving rather aimlessly around Burlington (I finally got my first pumpkin spice latte of the season!) and ended up at Fort Ethan Allen, where K works. He showed me this old theatre and I couldn't resist having him take some photos for me there.

(dress: Marshall's; trench: H&M; scarf: Goodwill; sunnies: Battery Street Jeans; tights: Kohl's; socks: stolen from mom; shoes: Seychelles)

That evening we went to see Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, and I actually really liked it (K forced me to watch the original last year and I was surprisingly a fan, so that probably helped). We took our movie ticket over to Moe's to get a half-price burrito (pinching pennies... :), loaded up on the fixin's (I loooooove Moe's--I always get the Art Vandalay burrito with roasted veggies and guacamole, and they give you sooo many free chips!). On Sunday K wanted to wash his car (he's like that), so we went back to FEA for free car-washing water. I went along for the ride and read, which turned out to be a little bit less pleasant than I had anticipated because the autumn chill has decidedly set in! We saw so many geese flying south, it almost made me wish that I could fly south myself! It's actually really incredible how much the leaves have already changed--the foliage came out practically overnight, and fall has definitely arrived! K and I have been drinking hot cider and taking afternoon strolls through the crunchy leaves. That's all I want to do this time of year :)

5 comments:

  1. I love this outfit. The tights plus soccks plus boots look so autumnal. Also a pumpkin spiced latte sounds pretty good. The closest seasonal type flavour we get around here is gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had your first pumpkin spiced latte of the year! I'm also glad you made your weekend fun, eventhough, funds are tight. My husband wants to see that movie, too. Your pictures are beautiful and I love your outfit!!! Your blogs are so delightful!! I look forward to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make a girl seriously crave those booties miss! The whole she-bang is great!Trench coats and short skirts = Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great location! It's impossible to pass up a great house if the camera and the outfit are there, though I find myself more uncomfortable and making stupider faces when my boyfriend takes the pictures than when I do.

    (As for how I manage to have my life: I used to teach English, now my boyfriend works contracts, and I'm actually broke quite a lot of the time. But I'd rather be broke and travelling than earning and stationary--for now. Sometimes it gets really old).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I love this! I'm so inspired with new ways to wear high-heeled lace-up boots!!

    ReplyDelete