Thursday, May 31, 2012

in which this is the home stretch

Photobucket

I'll admit, I'm basically on autopilot at this point.  I haven't had a vacation since last August, and I am dying to spend some quality time outside of the office.  I leave on Saturday for a week at the Cape, and until then it's flats and malformed updos.  That said, I am really looking forward to getting back into my regular blogging when I get back--maybe even teasing my hair a time or two! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Picture523two

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(dress: tjmaxx; jacket: thrifted; moccasins: minnetonka; sunglasses: kohl's)

Summer is officially upon us and I couldn't be more delighted.  I have grand plans for baseball games, strawberry picking, drive-in movies (we never did go last weekend--nothing good was playing!), tofu dogs with mustard, champagne on the stoop, and endless creemees in the coming months :)  This week I've been getting up early and having a cup of coffee with breakfast and reading a chapter of my book before work each day--it's transformative!  I think I really am turning into a morning person (never thought I'd see the day, but with all the lovely sunshine we've been having I don't want it to go to waste)!  It's crazy to think that this was only a few short months ago (and how short they really were!):

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. This is such a chic dress! And I understand feeling antsy because you haven't had a vacation in a while! I need one too! www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful :) And I wish you amazing vacation, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous!! I absolutely love this dress, it's such a fun print and is great on you. I love seeing the contrast with the winter picture, so awesome.
    Have a great trip! I know I could use a vacation SO bad right now. I have to wait until the end of august though
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all sounds so fabulous! I got an ice cream-maker and I hope to make LOTS and LOTS and eat it on my roof!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hattitude Style Blog

    those shades are out of this world caitlin! and that dress is bomb friggin tastic!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the pattern on that dress! and you totally made it work for winter and summer. also, i love your hair in the summer pic. i always try to put mine up that way, but it falls to one side by the end of the day and i end up with a not-so-cute 80's situation. ah well. :O)
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning and that outfit is so nice. I loved that print.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could be more of a morning person just for the very thing you described. I'd love to sip tea/coffee and read a book in the morning. Maybe someday? Although I'm such a night owl I'm not sure I could change!

    Also, that dress you're wearing has an awesome summery print. Your jean jacket works perfectly with it!

    ReplyDelete