Tuesday, May 8, 2012

in which i'm a busy chambray bee

Photobucket

We've got another rainy week ahead...  (May flowers! Flowers!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Picture173a

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: c/o Sugarlips; trench: h&m; boots: seychelles; belt: thrifted)

I've been a busy little bee lately, and liking it!  Last Thursday K and I got drinks with a friend of his (+lady), Friday I went on a binge at Goodwill (the woman checking me out kept remarking that I sure "knew how to shop"--pretty much everything I bought was half-price), Saturday my mother and I drove to Conway, NH to shop all day at the outlets there (I bought: bathing suit, maxi dress, jeans, denim shorts, shirt) and got a pretty epic view of the Supermoon in the rearview on our way home, last night I met up with my friend Elizabeth for drinks and jabbering, and tonight K and I are going on a date!!!  Whew. 

On the other hand, I haven't had much energy for crafty things, or writing, or even cooking.  This weekend promises to be just as much madness--my mom is graduating from her counseling MA program on Saturday, and Mother's Day is on Sunday, so I'll be spending most of the weekend in Woodbury with the family.  And K finishes his finals this week, so he'll finally be able to hang out again, hooray!

One thing that is nice about all of this rain: everything is getting mighty green around here!

9 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee!! But it sounds like a lot of fun stuff :)
    This denim dress is the best evvver, I love the cut outs, and it's perfect with your trench. Boo to rain!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your outfit and your hair is completely perfect!

    from,

    helen @ http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hattitude Style Blog

    i love a good binge at good will stores especially if it's half off! score.

    this lovely blue dress is quite something! and your hair is sooo long, it makes me melt. i am uber jealous.

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! I tried to get them to send me that, but I'm supposedly getting something else (although over a month later it still hasn't arrived, grrr)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah, I can understand you perfectly. I've been so busy lately that I couldn't blog or write as much as I wanted and I feel so frustrated!
    You look beautiful anyways, and that dress is perfect, I love the fact that it's embroidered!

    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest dress ever ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your style is simply amazing! I love it:D
    I'm definitely following you now:D
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this dress, it's totally great on you.
    Also, sounds like a truly awesome thrifting trip. Maybe you should teach ME how to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little cutout details on your chambray dress. You look so cute! Also your awesome 1/2 off thrifting trip reminds me that I haven't gone in forever and I need to!

    ReplyDelete