Tuesday, December 21, 2010

first day of winter!

In honor of the first (official) day of winter (and also in honor of my increasing consumption of christmas cookies and general daily exhaustion), I am bundling up in some serious woolly winter wear. It's funny how much I've been deviating from what I consider "my style" lately, just to stay warm... no little dresses and topplingly high heels for me :)

(sweater: salvation army; jeans: pacsun; socks: gift; boots: seychelles; hat: mad bomber)

I found this sweater for $1 (!!) at Salvation Army this summer and knew that it would be perfect once cold weather hit. That was before I realized that it is deceptively breezy--don't be fooled by the thick fisherman's knit, . The hat belongs to K. I got it for him a couple of Christmases ago and I like to steal it from time to time :)

3 comments:

  1. love oversized hat! looks cozy! I'm in hibernation mode as well, copious amounts of cookies and oversleeping haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I've been looking everywhere for socks like that! I hope this ensemble included an enormous winter coat as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit. it looks os comfortable and cute!
    ~Dana
    www.dailydoseofdana.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete