Sunday, December 19, 2010

making life baking life: christmas cookies

I'm not the sort of person who bakes on a regular basis, mostly because I can't have sweets around the house or I will go on an absolute rampage. When the holidays roll around, however, I embrace the spirit of overindulgence with open arms. These are the Christmas cookies my mother made when we were growing up (the way our family devoured cookies, she easily made a batch a day), and it just wouldn't be Christmas without her special recipes.

PEANUT BUTTER KISSES

Ingredients:

1/2 c shortening
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 T milk
1 t vanilla
1 3/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
hershey's kisses

Directions:

Cream: shortening, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar
(use a mixer if you have one--I don't).

Stir in egg, milk, vanilla; beat ferociously until smooth.

Sift: flour, baking soda, salt.
Add to mixture.

Shape dough into 1/2 in balls and roll in sugar until coated.

Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 min.

While the cookies are baking, de-foil the Hershey's kisses.

Take cookies out of the oven, place a kiss in the center of each, and bake for 2 additional minutes.

GINGER COOKIES

**removed**
**secret family recipe which i unknowingly revealed!!**
Directions:

VoilĂ ! Tasty holiday treats to share :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, these cookies look so yummy! I'm so looking forward to doing a lot of Christmas baking this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i´m sooo bad cooker, as well this si lokks so good shure taste better!!!

    Are a fashion girls and excelent cooker!!
    great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are my favorite cookies! We have them every christmas so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I particularly want the "removed" recipe. Unfair! I'll trade you it for my family's awesome rum logs recipe... ; )

    ReplyDelete