Monday, December 7, 2009

o christmas tree


I had a lovely weekend, how about you? (it snowed!)


On Saturday K and I did quite a lot of Christmas shopping (we're almost all done!) and I started to get seriously in the holiday spirit. I'm having a bit of a hard time coming to terms with the fact that K and I will be apart for the Holidays (he's going home for a couple of weeks, and I will be staying here), so it was nice to at least be able to do our shopping together. Even better, on Sunday we went out to my parents' house to chop down our Christmas Tree!


I wore my new (to me, and awesome) plaid wool coat that I picked up at the Bourne Brook Antique Center in Troy, NY. Although, as you can see, I changed into my tall black boots after taking my early morning photos and getting my toes all snowy!

When we arrived at Log Town Farm, brunch wasn't quite ready, so we lounged around and drank mimosas for a while before venturing out into the woods to shop the trees.


Please note my brother's very stylish two-tone turtlefur hat :)
While K jumped in and very masterfully put saw to tree...


Mom and I stood by looking plaid (I put on much more sensible footwear for the trek into the forest, purposefully not pictured):

The men dragged the selected trees back to the homestead and we all sat down for warm homemade cinnamon rolls, egg-and-sausage (or just egg, for me) crustless quiche, fresh fruit salad, kaluha coffee and more mimosas.


It was a wonderful, relaxing (and filling!) afternoon, and I love our skinny, kind of pathetic tree (it has lots of character!)

We'll be decorating it tonight, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. that is such a pretty dress.
    I love your lipstick too :D
    ~D.

    ReplyDelete