Friday, December 18, 2009

nanook of the north

Yeah, so, I don't know about where you are, but where I am it is suddenly FRIGID. And the temperature is steadily dropping with every waking minute.

That said, I am pretty proud of the five minutes (a generous estimate) I spent snapping these sunny shots this afternoon:

To be quite clear on how veryvery soul-crushingly cold it is on this day, in the five minutes that I stood coatless&brave against the icy air, my coffee went from piping hot to chilled-to-the-core.

Just call me Nanook.

In weather like this I really should be wearing fur bloomers and a sealskin coat. Instead, I stand around in really inappropriate clothing and feebly attempt to warm myself from the inside out (which only works as long as coffee stays hot). Tonight I will take inner warmth to a new level as I stuff myself with spicy samosas and hothot curry and warm, sweet Darjeeling tea! Can't wait, can't wait (I'm in love with Indian food)!

2 comments:

  1. Although you were freezing, you got some amazing wintry shots! I always love the sunshine during winter! Makes the snow look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you girl are so brave to go in the cold snow for picture! I think I will have to get some courage and do the same too! You look amazing!

    -Coco From Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete