Thursday, August 2, 2012

in which i scream for mint ice cream

Photobucket

Ice cream dress!  I pounced on this print in JoAnn Fabrics in the springtime and painstakingly finagled my way through the design of this dress.  The sleeves and neckline are a bit of a disaster, which is why I am not wearing this all the time.  I think this fabric is actually meant to be used for baby sheets or something--it was in the nursery section ;)  Honestly, another reason I haven't worn this dress yet is that somewhere between buying the fabric and finishing the dress I had my sartorial maturity growth spurt, where I suddenly wanted to dress my age (shocker) and incorporate more classic pieces into my wardrobe.  Such is life.

Photobucket Photobucket Picture986two Photobucket Photobucket
(dress: handmade by me; hat: thrifted; shoes: seychelles)

Last night's Bachelorette party was a total blast!  It was a really great group of girls and we ate and drank and danced the night away in our false eyelashes, party hats, and glo-bracelets.  I headed out early (around 12:30) because I had to work in the morning, but the dance party was still going strong at 1/2 Lounge!  I'm excited to do more of the same on Saturday (at the actual wedding!).  I'm so happy for Megan, she's such a wonderful person and I know she and Ben will have a great life together :)

Now, go have a popsicle.  It's hot out there.

3 comments:

  1. I love that print, and I'm not usually a fan of ice cream prints. Also, I've been catching up on your blog after weeks on practically no internet. Glad to hear you're back on board with the novel. And jealous that it's popsicle weather where you are. I bought sweaters today. bah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print on this dress is soooo adorable, I wouldn`t be able to resist this either. It`s such a perfect summer dress. Thats great that you ladies had such a good time last night :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man this dress is so incredibly cute! You did such a great job making it! I love the ice cream print. It's super summery. The mint color is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete