Saturday, August 6, 2011

spotlight: misikko HANAair hair dryer

Photobucket

A couple of weeks ago, the fantastic folks over at Misikko offered to send me a fancy-schmancy hair dryer to bond with and review for all of you! Now, I am not the sort of person who surrounds herself with expensive gadgets--and although I love a good blowout as much as the next girl, I get a haircut maybe once a year. I am not high-maintenance about my hair. That said, I'm definitely open to trying new things. So I thought, why not? Let's do a dry-off!

Photobucket

(The Competitors)

Misikko sent me the HANAair Professional Hair Dryer. The competition? A 6-yr-old hair dryer I picked up at CVS one afternoon for about $20.

Photobucket

(The Control)

Even though Misikko kindly sent me all kinds of awesome products with their gift package, I knew that I first wanted to test the dryer for its stand-alone capabilities. I have very thin hair, but there is a LOT of it, so it can take forever to dry with lousy equipment (like those hotel hair dryers that are connected to the wall... those are the worst). I used the HANA for a few days to get a feel for how it worked, and then I got down to business.

First things first, I timed how long it took to dry my hair completely with the HANA, and the next day I timed how long it took to dry my hair with the CVS dryer:

Photobucket

(The Conclusion)

The HANA was a clear winner in every way. Because it had been over a week since I'd used the CVS dryer, switching back to it after the HANA was like going back to Andre after running out of Dom Perignon. Not only did the HANA dry my hair faster, but the actual drying experience was so much more pleasant. While the HANA coaxed the water out of my hair with soft, quiet caresses, the CVS dryer was like a hot sand blast that left me feeling hot, sticky, frizzy and frazzled (I don't know about you, but profusely sweating after showering makes me grumpy). Even without products, my hair felt light and clean and smooth after drying with the HANA, while it felt heavy and damaged when subjected to a tête-à-tête with my old frenemy from CVS. Sometimes you don't realize how bad you had it until you're offered a seat on the lap of luxury :)

In short, the HANA won this dry-off, hands down.

Photobucket

I will never go back.

That said, I must admit that I probably would never purchase this dryer on my own, basically because I couldn't begin to afford it (I shop at Bargain Boutique, people--and not only because thrifting is trendy). However, if a $300 salon hair dryer is within the realm of possibility for you, I cannot recommend this one highly enough. From now on, every day will be like a trip to the salon :) And, you're in luck! The HANA is currently on sale. I'm talking serious savings. Or, if you're not in the market for a hair dryer right now, Misikko also has a great line of ceramic flat irons to curl, flip or straighten your lovely locks :)

Thanks, Misikko! You're the Greatest!

1 comment: