Monday, July 26, 2010

five ways to wear: scarves

Last month, my mother showed up for my brother's birthday dinner with this lovely tencel/bamboo scarf, hand-woven by a local Vermont artist, Ruby Leslie (of Ruby Charuby Weavings).

I've decided to put together a little feature in honor of local artisanship and my well-known love for the funky versatility of scarves! There are an infinite number of possibilities, but I've decided to showcase five. Here we go!


BOHEMIAN HEADBAND:

(runway, celeb style, blogger: Jessica)


KIMONO SASH:

(runway, celeb style, blogger: Katy)


BANDEAU/SCARF SHIRT:

(runway, celeb style, blogger: Christina)


SUSPENDED VEST:

(runway, celeb style, blogger: Julie)


SIMPLY SCARF-LY:

(runway, celeb style, blogger: Mel)

That's all for now! I'll be back from the beach with regular outfit posts before you know it!

4 comments:

  1. Scarves truly are the best. I have about 50 at my parents house, sadly only two travelling with me, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post, I have a lot of scraves but I tend to wear them the same way, might have to try out the kimono sash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought of the kimono sash, but it really ties up the outfit well!

    ReplyDelete